What's new

Outrage! Abomination!

Maxim Dude

Banned
I was watchin MuchMusic (Canadian version of MTV, but not so crappy), and I saw a video for a song called "Lets Go" by Trick Daddy, Twista & Lil John.

Now, the song wouldn't be so bad IF they hadn't slaughtered a great song in the first place. By that I mean :term: Ozzy Ozbournes "Crazy Train" :term: .

I'm sure people who enjoy rap have no complaint, but it is ridiculous to use a heavy metal song in a rap video...Anyway, your thoughts?

Zoldier01

Insanity's greater form
Thats insane, I myself am A heavy metal fan, but I have nothing against rap or hip-hop, but its different music, and shouldnt be combined. (AKA linkin park, who's reputation sunk trough the floor for me)

~ Zoldier01

smcd

THANK YOU Maxim Dude!!! Someone else agrees with me! I was flipping channels and heard the riff from ozzy and saw these people rapping and thought WTF?!?!? It really pissed me off - they need to get some talent instead of sampling other people's work.

2fast4u

im a metal fan myself but its not like ozzy ousbourne doesnt deserve it. is it just me or is going from heavy metal to cheap pop songs a deep dive?

OP
Maxim Dude

Maxim Dude

Banned
I hope Ozzy wan't involved with this song, unless he gave them permission to use the clips.

It makes me sad :( Ozzy, you're bumped down on the list of favourites...Semper 5, mate...

smcd

Since he got signed to a record label, don't they get the say-so over who gets to do what, not he himself? If so... yet another bad thing about the music industry. I like the old stuff, his new stuff and his becoming an MTV whore really sucks.

OP
Maxim Dude

Maxim Dude

Banned
Perhaps, but since he wrote the song it should belong to him, no? It makes sense, but what you say also makes sense.

But on the other hand, anyone that would be a label for Ozzy wouldn't ever let those guys use parts of the song.

tkf

This is not the first, nor the last time this will happen. These guys are used to rape other artists work and turning it into their retarded sounding rap.
There is a good chance that Ozzy Osbourne (though he most certainly sucks) didn't have anything to do with it and that it was handled by the record company.
I remember reading somewhere that a record company *employs* its artists, and by law any work done by an employee for the company is the intellectual property of the company. But I am not totally sure about this.

smcd

My understanding is when a label signs you, you "sign over" rights to the copyrights of it so they can legally produce and distribute it (and use it however they want).

OP
Maxim Dude

Maxim Dude

Banned
I wonder what was in it for the Record Label, if that is indeed the case. They don't do that "Gratis", so to speak.

Sons of bitches...If I were Ozzy I would kick their ass...

Oh yeah, if anyone watches the Ozbournes, maybe there will be something there on a new episode...Maybe...

OP
Maxim Dude

Maxim Dude

Banned
Death!

Whoops, false alarm, you won't die for another 70 years :D

But I suppose the Rap version is OK...Technically, it's not a version, but whatever...You know what I mean...

Zoldier01

Insanity's greater form
Maxim Dude said:
Edit: Double post. Move servers soon plz.

It has taken me an hour to make 2 edits to this post, and I have cable internet.

For your info, these forums are in Vbulletin, way betetr then phpBB ;)

And yeah, I doubt ozzy had something to do with it, it just doesnt sound like he would have approved it.

~ Zoldier01

Eagle

aka Alshain
Zoldier01 said:
For your info, these forums are in Vbulletin, way betetr then phpBB ;)

And yeah, I doubt ozzy had something to do with it, it just doesnt sound like he would have approved it.

~ Zoldier01

Doesn't matter anyway, these are not mere free servers, these servers belong to the administrators of the board and they aren't moving them anywhere.