...in with the new.

I've gone from this (old pic, forgot to take a new one before tearing it down):

oldsetup.jpg

To this:

newsetup.jpg

:)

EmuFan

Emulation Fanatic
Yeah, that´s what i´m talking about man! Nice stuff, very nice indeed. You prefer big front speakers too, i can see. I got the same tv brand, different design.

Danny

Programmer | Moderator
I'm work as an electrical salesman.

My advice on tv's :

If your TV is 32" or less i would get an lcd. I would go for a lcd to in a 42", however, if your only talking like the 899-1000 region i would go for plasma instead. 899-999 42" lcds generally have very poor response time and you get terrible ghosting, they generally have very average contrast ratio's too..

Any size over 42" generally get plasma. Unless you want to pay an extra 1000 for a lcd that is the equivalent in spec :)

Btw great choice with the samsung, there the best in the business at present in my book.

OP
Allnatural

Allnatural

My advice on tv's :

If your TV is 32" or less i would get an lcd. I would go for a lcd to in a 42", however, if your only talking like the 899-1000 region i would go for plasma instead. 899-999 42" lcds generally have very poor response time and you get terrible ghosting, they generally have very average contrast ratio's too..

Any size over 42" generally get plasma. Unless you want to pay an extra 1000 for a lcd that is the equivalent in spec :)

Btw great choice with the samsung, there the best in the business at present in my book.
Yeah, the Sammy's were always at the top of my list, thought the Panasonic plasmas look great too.

That's a 40" there and I'm very happy with it. The response time is 6ms, which seems plenty low as I've not seen a bit of ghosting. Unfortunately, off-axis viewing is terrible. Once you get about 45° off center the blacks go to shit.

HD content looks spectacular. DVDs look quite good, though I'm still in the process of tweaking the image. I'm having a hard time getting deep blacks, good shadow detail, and an image that isn't washed out all at the same time (in other words, I've had to compromise). Older games (PS2 and GC), as expected, don't look so good, but they're not terrible either, so I'm ok with it.

EmuFan

Emulation Fanatic
Plasma or LCD? I was on the fence for some time before settling on the LCD.
It´s an LCD. It´s working really well. GTA IV looks scweet.

My advice on tv's :

I believe i read/heard that somewhere, so you´r pretty darn right.

I´m sorry to hear about the off-axis viewing. It´s strange though, it´s working pretty great on mine, quite amazing actually...

Last edited:

t0rek

Wilson's Friend
Nice TV, btw you should try to move the Left and Right speakers away from the center one to have a better experience.

A.I.

Banned
I like to know what kind of rear speakers you have and how you set them up, forget floor stands - they need to be wall mounted (Satellites) for optimal sound. People sometimes forget the importance of speaker location.

OP
Allnatural

Allnatural

I like to know what kind of rear speakers you have and how you set them up, forget floor stands - they need to be wall mounted (Satellites) for optimal sound. People sometimes forget the importance of speaker location.
They're identical to the fronts, on taller stands. Yes, a smaller speaker would probably be better as it would allow for more flexibility in placement, but I wanted to maintain complete tonal balance. Of course, the center channel kind of throws things out of whack... Ideally I would like to use five identical satellites, but I prefer larger, full-range speakers when listening to music.

A.I.

Banned
They're identical to the fronts, on taller stands. Yes, a smaller speaker would probably be better as it would allow for more flexibility in placement, but I wanted to maintain complete tonal balance. Of course, the center channel kind of throws things out of whack... Ideally I would like to use five identical satellites, but I prefer larger, full-range speakers when listening to music.

Ideally, rear speakers should be about 1m above your head. I take it, at the rear, my satellites, mount them hard against the wall, they hang slightly to the left while my sub woofer sits on top of the floor and pounds away like no tomorrow.

Last edited:
OP
Allnatural

Allnatural

Ideally, rear speakers should be about 1m above your head. I take it, at the rear, my satellites, mount them hard against the wall, they hang slightly to the left while my sub woofer sits on top of the floor and pounds away like no tomorrow.
I'd like to try a set of bipole/dipole speakers, but I don't think my living room will allow it (openings in the back wall on both sides of my couch).

EmuFan

Emulation Fanatic
I have seen that Blu-ray player before, it looks sexey. And by the way, i just noticed something....We both have the same TV now. I finally bought that TV i was bitching about for several weeks...The one my friend suggested me to. I haven´t posted pics yet, but i don´t think i need to now...It seems to be the exact same TV. I love it. We are making babies as we speak. Yes, i just said we are making babies as we speak. I ain´taking that back, bitch!:p

Last edited:

cooliscool

Nintendo Zealot
Fucking nice equipment Allnatural, I love your setup. Nothing better than running your stuff through a nice receiver with good speakers. Natural euphoria. :party:

Oh, and it's good to see ya hanging around! Been a while since we've had a good chat.. or play Gunstar Heroes! :flowers:

Last edited:

revl8er

That Damn Good
Nice set-up you have there. Right now I have a 32" lcd tv (being used as my pc monitor and tv) hooked to my klipsch promedia gmx d-5.1 speakers. I might get a bigger tv soon though and maybe better quality speakers though these are good enough to shake a room and it's over 4 years old.

General Plot

Britchie Crazy
BluRay is awesome. Just got Con Air and it never looked so good before. HD is definitely the future.:D

dsc00002pn8.jpg

Last edited:

t0rek

Wilson's Friend
mmm I haven't watched anything on Bluray yet, just Bluray rips on a 32" LG set. I wonder how much the difference it's

OP
Allnatural

Allnatural

mmm I haven't watched anything on Bluray yet, just Bluray rips on a 32" LG set. I wonder how much the difference it's
It's not quite the night and day difference I was expecting, but it's definately an improvement, particularly in wide shots. It takes time (at least in my case) before you really start to appreciate the greater clarity/color/contrast and so forth.

Perhaps with a larger, 1080 set the jump would be more immediately dramatic.