What's new

Out of curiosity

Emu_Lover

How do most next generation emulator authors start their work on an emulator? I imagine it takes some knowledge of extensive computer language such as C++ to know where to go. I just asked cause I always wondered how they did that.

Malcolm

Not a Moderator
Most emulator authors begin with knowledge of C/C++, ASM, Pascal or other 3rd generation languages (and yes I know ASM isn't 3rd gen lang ;))

Some authors have even started with no programming experience, i would assume, though I don't know anyone that I could put under that category.

I believe that most authors program emulators to expand and challenge their programming skills.

This is just my belief, which I know is shared between other people on this board :)

PS: Sorry for beeing away for so long everybuddy, I changed ISP companies and was away for just over a week.

neoak

Triforce of Something...
Malcolm said:
Most emulator authors begin with knowledge of C/C++, ASM, Pascal or other 3rd generation languages (and yes I know ASM isn't 3rd gen lang ;))

Some authors have even started with no programming experience, i would assume, though I don't know anyone that I could put under that category.

I believe that most authors program emulators to expand and challenge their programming skills.

This is just my belief, which I know is shared between other people on this board :)

I agree with you. Most emus are done on C or C++. Besides, a Working Emulator is a lot of work.

PS: Sorry for beeing away for so long everybuddy, I changed ISP companies and was away for just over a week.

Welcome Back!