What's new

Optimizing 1964?

dataangel

From what I've read 1964 has a pretty fast core compared to the other emulators out there, but how much more room is left for optimization? How optimized is the average gfx plugin? I'm just curious if we'll ever see n64 emulators running on p2's and such ;)

vleespet

The decent one
It's just the way you look at it. You can take corn as an example of a high-speed emulator, but with a moderate to poor compatibility, but take Project64 as a pretty slow emulator with high compatiblity and stability. 1964 has the same, or probably even higher, compatibility as PJ64 and is almost two or three times as fast as Project64. Keep in mind that you can always do optimizations like adding more hacks, and better HLE (emulate less stuff), but keep in mind that there's always a chance that games get stuck or probably won't work at all when implementing this stuff.

Nifty

about the n64 emu's on ps2.

Some time ago I found this site : http://www.otakunozoku.com/ps2/index.html
That guy claims to have ported 1964 to ps2. Don't really believe it.
Does anyone know anything more about it?

Or would it be possible to run "easy-emulated-games" (like mario64) on ps2?

OP
D

dataangel

Porting easy? Only a little tweaking? Either the guy is l33t or he's full of it. But there's no other indication on there that he wouldn't be credible ("GIVE ME YOUR CR3DI7 C4RD!!!").