What's new

OpenGL plugin

Trotterwatch

I've only tried this out on a few games thus far, but it seems to be a great plugin in the making. Zelda MM in particular (which I understand was your main focus) is looking great.

Athlon 900
GF3 Ti200
384 Ram
XP Pro

sk8bloke22

roll for life
ok, my bad, the plugin super speedy in pj64 (i had tested it in 1964). is there a list of ucodes somewhere as im pretty crappy at selecting them manually (i never know wat games are wat ucodes)? cheers.

Ogy

3Dfx Fanatic.
Ok, about Ucodes:

this is my understanding of the ucodes, it might be somewhat incorrect, in fact i could be totally wrong, so if anyone who knows better then me would like to correct me feel free to do so.

"Ucode 0 (ex. Mario64, demos)"

*This is the equivalent of Jabo's(and Glide64) RSP SW 2.0X
some very early games and all demos use it, you can see a list of games using this MicroCode in my Glide64 compatibility list (link in bottom of the post).

"Ucode 1 (ex. Mario kart)"

*This is the equivalent of Jabo's(and Glide64) F3DEX1.XX and is the second most common ucode, again you can see all the games that use this ucode in my list.

"Ucode 2(ex. Waverace USA)"

*This is the equivalent of Jabo's RSP SW 2.0D EXT and is a special Extension(is this the meaning of the EXT?) of the RSP SW 2.0X, to the best of my knowledge this only works with WaveRace USA but perhaps more (Star Wars - Shadows of the Empire??).

"Ucode 3(ex. Mortal Kombat 4)"

*I am not so sure about this one...my guess is that it uses a special unique version of the F3DEX 1.XX (E.G. F3DEX 1.33), that it not covered in this plugin's "Ucode 1" the only way for you to find out which games has this ucode, is to download Daedalus's INI file and search for "Ucode 3". (Note: in Jabo's and Glide64 this Ucode is merged with F3DEX 1.XX).

"Ucode 4(ex. Zelda)"

*This is the equivalent of Jabo's F3DEX 2.XX AND F3DZEX 2.06H and Glide64's F3DEX 2.XX and is the most common ucode, again you can see all the games that use this ucode in my list( bottom of page).

"Ucode 5(ex. Dark Project)"

*Dark project?!? i think Icepirate meant Perfect Dark by that... if he did, read this, if that was not his intention ignore this part:

*This is the equivalent of Jabo's RSP SW PD and AFAIK only works for perfect dark.

"Ucode 6(ex. Diddy Kong Racing)"

*This is the equivalent of Jabo's RSP SW DKR and AFAIK works only for Diddy Kong Racing.

Here is a link to my list, I hope this helps someone :)
http://glide64.emuxhaven.net/glide64_compatibility_list.htm

oh and btw Icepir8, Despite the speed problem, your plugin looks great, keep up the good work :)

Last edited:

Dave2001

Well... technically, I don't think uCodes have numbers assigned to them...

We assign numbers because they can't be referenced in the code as "F3DEX 1.XX" or whatever it is.

crhylove

Banned
ok....

i got it to work, and it worked well, but it totally shuts down Azi's plugin in 1964. and i don't have pj64 installed. it's just not as sweet imho, and also, as it is officially a "dead" emulator, not nearly as interesting. :1964:

thnx pir8, it looks really good. can't wait to see your further progress. wtg!

:devil:

btw... the problem was i had been configured for testing dave's plugin, so it was going full screen and i wasn't getting the little message. the evoodoo dave combo is great on this geforce, as is the latest TR. I can't wait until somebody gets dr. mario going!

rhy

sk8bloke22

roll for life
thanks ogy...one question icepir8...does pj64 save the ucodes to the plugin's .ini like 1964 does? 1964 seems to give u the option to save each ucode, but pj64 doesnt, is there a way to enable this?

Ogy

3Dfx Fanatic.
sk8bloke22 said:
thanks ogy...one question icepir8...does pj64 save the ucodes to the plugin's .ini like 1964 does? 1964 seems to give u the option to save each ucode, but pj64 doesnt, is there a way to enable this?

?

sure pj64 does...

i didn't even try it with something else...

look in the pj64\plugin folder for the file tr64_ogl.ini