What's new

OpenGL / Direct X / GFX card?

skrilla

Hello, ive managed to get the game running using Rice's video plugin, on both Open GL and Direct X settings.

Opengl
nom10.jpg

direct x
nom12.jpg

you can see neither is perfect

the following shows my graphics card details

nom14.jpg

Does anyone know what settings i need to change??

Thanks!

Hexidecimal

Emutalk Bounty Hunter.
With a Pro Savage you can expect to get less then stellar results. Try Glide64 and a Glide wrapper like Hautrux or eVoodoo.

OP
S

skrilla

thanks, i will try that.

About the pro-savage card... would it work if i had something like GeFORCE FX5200 AGP 8X 128Mb DDR graphics card?

cooliscool

Nintendo Zealot
Not for N64 emulation. An FX5200 is more than sufficient.

For PC gaming, the whole FX line are a waste of money.

gandalf

Member ready to help
Fan....
it´s NOT a waste of money, you can still play any game with an 5700ULTRA, not like with an 9600XT (for example in Far Cry or HL2) with all effects in maximun,but in medium quality, its perfect.

read benchs, use those cards and then get an conclusion.

Oh and yes, an 5200 its perfect for emulation, i used to use one and it´s excelent card for that (now i´m using an 6600GT)

snesmaster40

Just to let you guys know, the guy got the new graphics card and it works. He can play with Rice's plugin without problems.

Clements

I moved up from the FX line to the GeForce 6 series. For the money, it's better to either buy Radeon equivalents or GeForce 6 series rather than FX line cards, since newly released games perform poorly on FX hardware compared to similarly priced Radeon/6 series hardware. Why pay the same for less perfomance?