What's new

OoT save issue

tatsuto

I've been playing OoT latley, but a few issues come up. The menu when you press start gets really glitched up, with odd backgrounds, and link's picture is jumbled. Usually, it shows one of the various pre-rendered backgrounds behind the menu that I've visited recently with other jumbled polygons. Another problem is no matter where I save in the game (actually saving, not using the emulator's savestates) I always appear in Kokiri Forest in link's home. My idems and everything else are intact, it's just I always end up starting there when I load up my game. Propabily a ROM issue.

Any Suggestions?

BTW, I was using the High-Res texture settings when I took the screens, but it does the exact same thing even without the textures on

I've added pics:

menu_2.jpg

menu_1.jpg

Last edited:

Agozer

16-bit Corpse | Moderator
That's how the save feature in OoT works. When playing as young Link, your saved game will always start back at Kokiri Forest no matter where you save. The exception to this rule is in dungeons where you'll start at the beginning of a dungeon, or alternatively, just before a boss room.

When playing as adult Link, you will always start at the Temple of Time or at the beginning of a dungeon or just before a boss room.

As for your graphics issue, framebuffer effects do not display correctly. Are you using Jabo's Direct3D8 or some third party plugin like Rice's? If it's the latter, you need to adjust the framebuffer emulation options. If you are using Jabo's Direct3D8, do you have any Full-Scene Antialiasing or Anisotropic Filtering enabled?

Last edited:
OP
tatsuto

tatsuto

Wow. I used to have OoT originally (I still do, just not the N64) and i don't remember that save system! And i'm using Rice's plugin 6.1

OP
tatsuto

tatsuto

It looks much better now, but the character looks iffy, like the parts are overlapping. The background looks fine.

OP
tatsuto

tatsuto

Heh, actually looks like a ninga.

link_01.jpg

Whatever, it doesn't matter anyway. I'm fine with the rest of the game.

squall_leonhart

The Great Gunblade Wielder
in Rice Video you must enable
Force Buffer Clear
Basic Framebuffer with emulator
write back and reload

(after playing for awhile, the Force buffer clear becomes unecessary for some reason...)