What's new

One little Question

sod4056

I just want to say it took me forever to get my bios from my Dreamcast onto my PC. But thats not my problem, I use the default plugins and i cant seem to load a game. I always seem to get the "cant read the TOC from _drive" if anyone knows what i am doing wrong i would love to hear from u. TY

Agozer

16-bit Corpse | Moderator
You are trying to use the ASPI CD-ROM Interface plugin when Windows XP doesn't have ASPI drivers installed. In other words, the data from the CD can't be read because the plugin can't find the ASPI drivers.

Use the xxx CD-ROM Interface plugin.

Last edited:
OP
S

sod4056

TY so much

Ok cool ty, that works a lot better but now none of my games are working i can get to the main menu for dreamcast and then it resets. Does it have to do with the CD rom input?

Agozer

Does it reset automatically afterreaching the Dreamcast BIOS menu? Or does the emulator crash?

OP
S

sod4056

heres what i do

I set the game to lets say my E drive.. then I go into Chankast and configure things. I then hit RUN. Then it shows the DREAMCAST logo. After that it asks me to input a date and time. After i do it or skip it The same thing pops up. Then it goes to the menu that says PLAY, Music, FILE, Settings. Then i hit the play one and it resets itself, The emulator doesnt crash just resets

Agozer

Your Dc_flash.bin file is corrupt. Get a replacement. You'll know that its corrupt when the BIOS asks you to input the date/time at least twice in a row.

Agozer

It's a part of the Dreamcast BIOS. It has all the settings that you've saved in the BIOS. So yes, you Dreamcast has one, and Chankast needs one.

If the file is not present in Chankast's folder, Chankast automatically creates one. However, the created file will most likely be corrupt, that's why you need to dump a good file from your Dreamcast or do it the less legal way and find it from the Internet.