What's new

Ok, so I'm having a little trouble!

capgamer

I have a .bin and .cue file for Shining Force 3. I have no idea what to do now! When I installed an emulator called Cassini, it includes a tutorial that I read and tried to the best of my ability. The problem is that it assumes you have a .iso file and not a .bin and .cue file.

I really don't know what to do and I haven't been able to find a proper tutorial, etc. to use for help. If you know of one, please link me to it or else give me a couple hints. I also have a BIOS file, but I'm not sure what to do with it.

Thank you, if you decide to help this (almost) hopeless cause!

Miretank

Lurking
If I was you, I wouldn't use Cassini. If your search in this forum, you'll understand why.
For your .bin and .cue files, you need a virtual drive "to mount" them. For this, download Daemon Tools. It's easy and simple to use.
The BIOS must be in the emulator main folder or in some subfolder name "bios" (thats depend on the emulator).
And you should try other emus like Giri Giri or SSF 007 Beta R2'. ;)

OP
C

capgamer

Ah, ok. I was trying to use some strange combination of Alchohol and ISOBuster that just wasn't working out too well. I'll check out Daemon tools and SSF. Thanks!

spotanjo3

Cassini and Giri Giri are not acceptable here. USE SSF. CASSINI and Giri Giri are apiece of craps, anyway. Use Daemon to mount .cue, ok ? ;)

OP
C

capgamer

Well, got it all squared away (AKA: it works now). I had to mess around with the .cue and .bin files with ISObuster because Dameon tools wasn't "able to access the file." Don't ask me why!
Regardless, I got it started up on SSF and now I can play a slow but working Shining Force 3! Thanks guys! :flowers:

Miretank

Lurking
Rockmangames said:
Cassini and Giri Giri are not acceptable here.
:plain: why?

capgamer said:
Well, got it all squared away (AKA: it works now). I had to mess around with the .cue and .bin files with ISObuster because Dameon tools wasn't "able to access the file." Don't ask me why!
Regardless, I got it started up on SSF and now I can play a slow but working Shining Force 3! Thanks guys!
No prob at all dude =) glad you're playing the game now :)

Agozer

16-bit Corpse | Moderator
MiretanK.O said:
:plain: why?
IIRC, Giri Giri is Sega's own emulator, and Cassini, have been accused of stealing code from Giri Giri.

Or something to that effect anyway.

OP
C

capgamer

I read about 5 pages of that thread and I'm starting to see why people hate Cassini.
I never could get it to work with Shining Force 3, anyway! :shifty:

Miretank

Lurking
Runik said:
http://www.emutalk.net/saturn-shack/...crapssini.html

You even participated in this thread
If I was you, I wouldn't use Cassini. If your search in this forum, you'll understand why.
Yes, I know it. You even replied me there ;) :)
I'm defending Giri Giri.
I asked "why" because Rockman said "Cassini and Giri Giri are not acceptable here", and I don't think we could apply this for both, but only to 'Crapssini'. Giri Giri didn't make anything to be considered unacceptable here, but Cassini does. ;)