What's new

ok im a little new to this whole thing

paki123

but where do i play the gamecube emulators:linux: :bouncy: ? DO i play on the gamecube or on the computer? Sorry really new!

BlueFalcon7

Ok, The dolphin is an emulator, it allows you to emulate playing GC games on a PC. The memory card comes with the emulator. The memory card data is just saved on your hard drive. So you download the dolphin and play the GC game on the computer. You have to get a ripped Iso, (!) which we cant tell you how to rip, or where to get (!) Also, when you get it up and running, it is slow, and its not your fault. If you dont really know alot about emulation, but still want to learn, I suggest you dont start at GC emulation, and study N64 emulation or something easier, like that.

Hope it helps, and good luck.

Agozer

16-bit Corpse | Moderator
sportsmix28 said:
i want to play double dash on mydolphin, but i can't find any games!
You want to run games, not play.

Read the board rules, will you?

NoeOM

Mankind Member
Running games on an emulator

Hi newbie:

First, and very important: You should not request or ask for roms in these forums. It may be considered illegal. If you do it, you will be banned.

In order to run a game using an emulator(and play, watch how the emulation looks like or whatever you want) you need an emulator and an image of the game, also known as a rom. The emulator loads the rom and then it tries to emulate the behavior of the original machine that the game was designed for, therefore running the game (posibilly, with some problems because the emulator is not the original machine).

Anyway, I think that te best way to know if some emulator will work fine for a certain game / plugin, on a certain machine, etc is... to try it out!

Remember to read the forum rules before post and rembember. Do not ask for roms. Thanks.

Toasty

Sony battery
I think we can let this thread die. He really only needs to be told not to ask for ROMs once...