What's new

Ohh banana ! dk64 makeshift

mantis

I wrote last week that the major problem with donkey kong 64 u.s. is the unplayable barrel-blast mini game on the stage angry aztec.The consequence of this is that the player cannot free the character Lanky Kong in the game( according to the walkthrough made by Flowerpot on gamefaqs.com) .I managed to solve the problem with a cheat imported from 1964 cheat database.
Enter the gameshark code 8074E77C-0002 .You will not immediately turn to be Lanky Kong ,first you have to walk through the main blue gate of any level or do something familiar.After changing don’t forget to turn off the cheat code.Good news: level 3 barrel-blast works(cf 3)! UNfortunately I haven’t found any method for fixing the barrel-mini game and this means that a little section of the game is unplayable.I’ll provide a save state per e-mail for anyone who is interested in this „barrel-fixing”-thing.

[email protected]

OP
M

mantis

Note: Setting counter factor to 3 does work , but if you have a powerful computer (>=1000Mhz) don’t forget to set it back to 2 after the intro as cf3 has negative effects on framerate.Immediate state loading after emulation start will help to avoid the error message Jabo’s dx6 renderer works faster with the game.