What's new

Ogre Battle 64 Background Graphics Are Just Black

bruman

can anyone plz shead some light on this subject... im sure there are many people with this problem... some backgrounds work.. but once u enter battle its fucked... and some cutscenes, like the first one where you answer the questions... arnt there

does anyone know how to fix it? and yes i have a WORKING rom.

my system

p4 2.53ghz
256 333mhz DDR
geforce3 ti200

Anyone

returno

search

At the bottom of the main pj64 forum screen there is a "search" feature. There you can search for things that have been discussed before. Graphic problems with Ogre Battle 64 is one of those things. There are many, many threads on this topic. Yes, you are right many people have problems with OB64. Maybe you didn't think that meant you could search for the answer. Believe it or not, you could have. And still can.

If people would just search they could find their answer (or find out the situation is hopeless) much, much, much faster than the time it takes to type in the question.

Peveus

As it happens Returno, I too have this problem and DID search and it has never been properly resolved. Nobody without the problem ever posts their settings and plugins...

There was one listed solution which was to use icepir8's plugin, but I tried this and the game wouldn't even run.

So many people have the exact same problem and a handful do not, that handful need to come forward and list every darn setting there is and what theres is set to.

My two cents.

returno

abandon all hope

Peveus said:
As it happens Returno, I too have this problem and DID search and it has never been properly resolved.

Like I said ...

...(or find out the situation is hopeless)...

I think this is one of those. Why start yet another thread where everyone can't agree on the nature of the problem or a solution? When one or two people say "oh I have that exact setup and I fixed it!" then they go silent, they are either lying or a moron.

Anyway, it isn't a settings thing, I think. It is a plug-in/gfx card/driver/OS interaction thing. Those are the toughies and most probably cannot be solved by tinkering with settings. But if you want to spend a few hours flipping things on and off or swapping plug-ins maybe you'll get lucky. Then you can be the hero of some OB64 players that have a setup like yours. :saint:

The "right" solution is for you black-screen folks to sit down with the plug-in or the emulator in a debugger. Then patch what's broken. But that won't happen, obviously.

[TONGUE_IN_CHEEK_RANT]
If people would just stop using Windows XP it would also help. It isn't worth it to use an OS that causes so many problems with PJ64. I wonder why people bought their computer in the first place if not to run PJ64?? Win2K + two different old GeForce cards work like a charm (mostly a charm anyway) for me.

WindowsXP: just say 'no'.
[/TONGUE_IN_CHEEK_RANT]