Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Star Office

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other Freeware

Votes: 2 9.5%

• Total voters

t0rek

Wilson's Friend
What "Office" are you currently using? I'm currently using MS Office 2000, IMO Office XP sucks

Clements

I'm using Microsoft Office XP Professional with Frontpage. It does it's job. Could never get the speech recognition to work correctly but that doesn't really matter.

Malcolm

Not a Moderator
Thats because speak recongition doesn't work well for anyone, the technology has far to go before it becomes very 'useable'

Chibi Nick

Emutalk Member
Clements said:
I'm using Microsoft Office XP Professional with Frontpage. It does it's job. Could never get the speech recognition to work correctly but that doesn't really matter.
As am I...

Speech recognition works pretty well with "Dragon Naturally Speaking"... at least it did for meeeee

Orkin

d1R3c764 & g1|\|64 m4|<3R
I've never had any trouble with Office XP, and am quite happy with it. PowerPoint XP is TONS better than 2000.

I've also had much less trouble getting Office XP to cooperate with the LAN at work. 2000 likes to leave files open at the server, and I hate having to go to the server and manually close them.

Hexidecimal

Emutalk Bounty Hunter.
OfficeXP with Frontpage, I always get the latest usually, it's a disease, but I like OfficeXP for what little I actually use it, I mainly use Frontpage to maintain my website.

Also, Dragon Naturally Speaking is the ONLY voice regognition even worth trying.

Kahenraz

Hexidecimal said:
OfficeXP with Frontpage, I always get the latest usually, it's a disease, but I like OfficeXP for what little I actually use it, I mainly use Frontpage to maintain my website.

Also, Dragon Naturally Speaking is the ONLY voice regognition even worth trying.

I also use MS Office XP (2003) w/Frontpage. I used to use Frontpage.. until I tried Dreamweaver MX. I totally rebuilt my website in Dreamweaver. The layer tools are invaluable!! Try is Hex. You may like it just as much as I do.

I had my doubts when I first tried it. I remembered how crappy DW4 was. So if any of you are reluctant for that reason, I'm telling you now that it has greatly improved.

Malcolm

Not a Moderator
Dreamweaver is a very good appication. The PHP syntax highlighting needs work but is usable and it saves time when making base layouts.

Just remember to use css people, it is the standard ;)

Hexidecimal

Emutalk Bounty Hunter.
I never found a decent CSS tutorial, i learned all my basic HTML skills from various websites, if I knew CSS, i'd use it.