What's new

Odd graphical problem with Zelda: OoT

Dusty

Not really a big problem, but I'm curious as I couldn't find anything about it from searching. All the paths are white. I don't have any other graphical glitches running the game at all, it all runs flawlessly, except for the paths. Any idea how to fix it?

I'm running with Jabo D3D81.6, which is the only graphical plugin that runs correctly for me, and I've gone through all the settings and none have fixed it.

pathglitchba0.jpg

Agozer

16-bit Corpse | Moderator
Considered to be below minimum requirements for Project64 (see minimum requirements for project64). Time to get new graphics card, or switch to another emulator (meaning much older, far less compatible one). You can try older N64 graphics plugins too, but you might end up with more problems that you originally had (and apparently you've already run into those).

p_025

Voted Least Likely to Succeed
You really have to ask yourself why the hell anyone would even try using an emulator with such an outdated piece of hardware, and be surprised when it doesn't work well if at all.

Clements

You pretty much have to upgrade if you want the Ocarina of Time paths displayed correctly. I would generally recommend at least a Radeon 9500 or GeForce FX 5200, but preferably something much better.

OP
D

Dusty

You really have to ask yourself why the hell anyone would even try using an emulator with such an outdated piece of hardware, and be surprised when it doesn't work well if at all.
I can't install a newer one in this computer... The only reason I posted this was because every thing else works pretty perfect, even runs at 60fps... the only thing that aren't drawn correctly are paths. I was just wondering if there was some odd setting that could fix it.

As for even trying it... I was skeptical and didn't even bother for a long time. But a few days ago I said, "why the hell not" and downloaded it to try it out. Surprisingly, it runs most games fine.

Last edited:

Zera

It does look kinda good in Kokiri Forest. The problem is Hyrule Field...

Anyways, you said your computer didn't support any other cards? How about getting a brand new computer? If you just want to play emulators, you won't need to spend much.

Another N00b

Well buying a new pc just to play some roms is kinda ridiculous, isn´t it? X_x Even though there are cheap ones which are good. But ok, it´s something one must decide for her/himself.
Imo, just try to play around with some other plugins or to update your drivers, what can possibly go wrong..

Pegote

For what it's worth: I played Zelda:OoT on a computer with that same card and the game always worked perfectly... If it's just the white paths that are bothering you, suit yourself, but for the most part I think the game looked just fine.

One thing for sure though, games like Mischief Makers or Paper Mario will simply look like crap.

p_025

Voted Least Likely to Succeed
Wtf do you mean you can't upgrade the video card? Does it use some ancient interface? (Pre-AGP?)

OP
D

Dusty

I wouldn't say pre-AGP, just for some dumb reason they decided to just not include an AGP slot at all.

OP
D

Dusty

Well let's just say if I could afford a better computer/graphics card, I would have gotten one a long time ago :)

I would buy a PCI card but I'd rather just wait until I could actually get a better computer, as I hope this isn't going to be one I use for a long time.