What's new

Ocarina of Time saving/loading issue. need help!

pitfall

hey,
noob here

the pc emulator for zelda seems to be working fine...only problem is i cant continue from where i saved! (dont know how)

could someone tell me what it is I need to be doing to save and load... also layman terms would be greatly appreciated

Agozer

16-bit Corpse | Moderator
You can save by going to the main menu and selecting Save. After you load your game you always start back at Kokiri Forest if you saved as Young Link, or back at the Temple of Time if you saved as Adult Link. This is how the game works.

OP
P

pitfall

Agozer,

I have tried saving that way (the normal way throu the main menu) but when i start the game up later to loading my profile, and it seems that nothing had been saved and I will have to start over again. :down:

Toasty

Sony battery
Just to be clear on this:

To save, press [the button you have mapped to] Start and [the button you have mapped to] B.
To resume your saved game, start up the game and use the in-game menu to select your file.

Do not at any time touch PJ64's System->Save/Save As/Restore/Load functions.

If you're following the correct procedure and are still having difficulties with saves not saving, there may be a problem with the permissions on your save folder. (Most likely you are using Windows Vista or 7?) Probably the simplest way to get around this is to run PJ64 as an administrator when saving your game (all the time, basically). Otherwise, you'll need to alter the permissions on PJ64's save folder to allow your user account to write to it, or change the save folder to one that your user can modify.

OP
P

pitfall

Yes I am using the game menus and the default mapped keys on the key board (x=a, c=b, enter= start/menu, etc.) and no i have not messed with pj64 save/save as/ etc.

I am using vista so maybe its the problem because of admin. but I also have super mario (which I havent ran as admin) and the saving works fine.

anyway I will try it as admin and let you know the results