What's new

Ocarina of Time Quick Spin Help

Linkle

I've been reading all of the CBFD threads and the only solution in there that worked for me was switching to the mouse, but when I do it's too hard to make Link run. I've tried all of the other posted solutions and none of them worked. Could somebody please help me?

Hellwolf_36

It is recommended that you should probably get a controller with a Analog Joystick, and then you wont have to worry about it. Cause I myself wasn't able to do it, even with a mouse :(.

OP
L

Linkle

If I could I would but I don't have the money to, which is the reason I'm using an emulator to begin with. lol

Agozer

16-bit Corpse | Moderator
So you don't have the money to buy a PC gamepad that has a good analog stick, and furthermore, this is the reason why you are using an emulator? I'm sorry, but that doesn't make sense.

Last edited:
OP
L

Linkle

No, I mean that I don't have enough money to buy an analog stick, which is why I'm using the emulator to begin with, because I can't buy Ocarina of Time or an N64.

Agozer

16-bit Corpse | Moderator
Believe me, PC USB controllers with good analog sticks aren't that pricey, plus they are the tried and true way of playing since many N64 games (emulated or otherwise) depend on the analog stick.

p_025

Voted Least Likely to Succeed
If you're using the NRage plugin, set modifiers. Set the mouse to the analog stick in the Controls tab, and in the Modifiers tab, set W S A D (or whatever you want) to their proper analog stick movements.

OP
L

Linkle

Oh, I never thought of that. Do I need to set them to Rapid Fire, or do they continue moving as long as it's held down just like normal?

Xavior

Quick spin aint hard to get with a keyboard thought, If you are a fast typer.

WASD(to turn) while pressing space(slash) like a mad man xD

SamuraiMushroom

You can get a decent gamepad for $20 or possibly less. If you can't manage to spare that on this one super special occasion then I expect your power will go out soon after I post this.
Using the keyboard for N64 games really sucks, even SNES side scrollers are annoying with a keyboard.