What's new

Nvidia Overclock

t0rek

Wilson's Friend
I found an option on the Windows Screen Properties about the graphic card's memory clock and the core clock. It is safe to overclock the graphic card in this way?

Eagle

aka Alshain
To a certain extent yes, dont slide it up to max or you will over do it. Also plz post all relate questions in the same thread, ie. overclocking is one topic.

OP
t0rek

t0rek

Wilson's Friend
Sorry Eagle, as you see I am new, The default memory clock setting is 333 mhz and the core clock is 200. I can slide the memory setting up to 470 mhz and the core clock up to 280 Mhz. What do you recommend me?

cooliscool

Nintendo Zealot
NEVER go as high as possible. Go by 1mhz each time until you see some weird looking garbage on your screen or it locks up. That's a good way to determine your limits.

cooliscool

Nintendo Zealot
If you overclock too high it will either freeze or make some weird garbage lines on your monitor. This is instant, if you see it, go back 1mhz until it goes away.

Eagle

aka Alshain
What do you mean very very unlikely... if you overclock the GPU to maximum, you will most certainly overheat and burn it out.

AlphaWolf

I prey, not pray.
typicaly the thing will have a glitch and freeze first and cool down since its not doing anything anymore til you reboot.

same applies for overclocking anything, unless you overclock way beyond the limits of your cooling, and it gets extremely hot in a millionth of a second, but nvidias drivers don't let you set the clock speed that high, or at least thats the case with the tests I have done myself...

RPGlover12

Well if u overclock overclock wisely dont do go very very very very very high just increase by 1-10 mhz per time but more recommended is 1 mhz and eagle ment by kill is burnt or fucked up :) since u may get ur graphic card fucked up for that :)
good luck dude