What's new

nvidia driver 23.12 help plz

EdgeBlade

Brandonn
I'm not saying it's good for all your drivers, I'm just saing it's a good tool that should be taken advantage of. WinUpdate even had an updated driver for my P3 processor, where else are you gonna find that real easy?

Of course checking the manufacturer's site for the latest drivers is a great way to go. But this guy here is asking how to install the drivers ??? And WinUpadte will d/l & install them for him. :D

Cool mouse, I have the same, except with a wire.

zero0w

Maverick Hunter
I don't use Windows Update myself, usually I will install any update/fix or drivers manually. I don't question the benefit of using Windows Update, but sometimes it installed something I really don't want...

Last edited:

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
zero0w said:
I don't use Windows Update myself, usually I will install any update or drivers manually. I don't question the benefit of using Windows Update, but sometimes it installed something I really don't want...
LOL! That's strange...
It's not supposed to do so...
Well. Anyway, myself, I only use it to update some stuff, like security. Not the drivers, though.

OmegaFirebolt

Ok, I probably need to be shot in the head for this but...

EdgeBlade, how did you turn AGP on in XP? I can't get it on in XP but in 9x/ME I have no probs with the AGP. I stuck in PCI mode for video right now and it sux... to me at least. I can go into dxdiag and check to find if it is in AGP mode by looking at the dissable AGP button but it is greyed out in XP, not so in 9x/ME.

Last edited:

hotshitu

Banned
EdgeBlade said:
WinUpdate even had an updated driver for my P3 processor, where else are you gonna find that real easy?

Cool. I want.
/me wonders will it turn it into a P4 or Athlon XP :D ?

Tursiops_G

I also urge caution when using Windows Update to get device driver files...

I have had 3 (out of 3) of these "updates" result in problems.
(All are with Win98SE, BTW).

1) On a M/B with built in sound (AC97), Windows update recommended a new driver, that when installed, BROKE several apps that used sound (Exception errors, etc.) :( Removing it and reinstalling the original driver was necessary.

2) With an Intel 10/100 NIC, installing the windows update recommended driver resulted in severe problems with TCP/IP thruput (Slowdowns, pauses, etc.) :angry: Removing it and reinstalling the original default driver fixed it.

3) On an ASUS CUSL2-C, Installing the windows update Intel ATA IDE driver resulted in reduced performance, and reported device problems (Yellow '!' on the HD devices in Device Manager) :pissed: ... Again, Removal of the updated driver fixed the problems.

Needless to say, I no longer will trust Microsoft for any new hardware drivers... I now go straight to the source, and download any updates from the hardware vendor's websites.

Caveat Emptor!

- John (Tursiops_G.)

EdgeBlade

Brandonn
OmegaFirebolt said:
Ok, I probably need to be shot in the head for this but...

EdgeBlade, how did you turn AGP on in XP? I can't get it on in XP but in 9x/ME I have no probs with the AGP. I stuck in PCI mode for video right now and it sux... to me at least. I can go into dxdiag and check to find if it is in AGP mode by looking at the dissable AGP button but it is greyed out in XP, not so in 9x/ME.

I'm sorry, I'm not quite sure what you mean. Are you talking about the AGP slot speed? (1x, 2x, 4x)

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
LOL on that!
I know, Microsoft can't be trusted.
Usually, I don't download much updates rather than security updates. But now I think I'll go to manufacturer site to get the stuff.

OmegaFirebolt

EdgeBlade, what I mean is that I can't turn on AGP at all even tho I have my TNT2 4x AGP card (yes I know it's old) in the AGP slot and can't get Windows XP to recognize it as an AGP card so I can't get AGP texturing to work. Also because of this it stuck my card into PCI mode while I use it in XP. If I boot back into 9x/ME the AGP texturing works and my card is recognized as an AGP card and set to the proper AGP 4x. I have installed the newest bios, AGP chipset drivers, and even the 23.11 nVidia drivers for this thing in both 9x/ME and XP yet XP still will not let me turn on the AGP features of this card in dxdiag or otherwise.

EdgeBlade

Brandonn
I'm not sure. I havent done anthing special for mine to work, it just does. The problem I was having was something where I had to decrease the AGP speed just so my system could be stable.

Does anyone else have a TNT2 4x AGP card & Windows XP and have this problem as well?

Vulcan Power

I have the TNT2 card running in XP with no problems. Although mine is running at 2x mode since my motherboard doesnt support 4X.

B*A*G*G

Emutalk Member... sorta
OmegaFirebolt said:
EdgeBlade, what I mean is that I can't turn on AGP at all even tho I have my TNT2 4x AGP card (yes I know it's old) in the AGP slot and can't get Windows XP to recognize it as an AGP card so I can't get AGP texturing to work. Also because of this it stuck my card into PCI mode while I use it in XP. If I boot back into 9x/ME the AGP texturing works and my card is recognized as an AGP card and set to the proper AGP 4x. I have installed the newest bios, AGP chipset drivers, and even the 23.11 nVidia drivers for this thing in both 9x/ME and XP yet XP still will not let me turn on the AGP features of this card in dxdiag or otherwise.
you should be able to set your apg mode 4x or 2x in your bios settings. havent you tried tweaking with those yet?

OmegaFirebolt

My bios don't have AGP settings listed. I have a Giga-Byte GA-5AX Motherboard and so I have to use the little program from Acer Labs for the ALI 5 chip on it and when I do it still resets the thing from what ever AGP speed I select back to PCI mode. And yes I did check the Bios before I came on here and posted about the problem...