What's new

Nrage will not recognize Cpad on controller....

ghenson4

or maybe it's something else? I upgraded to Nrage v2.0, when I press the C-pad directional keys to configure the controller they are recognized as Gamepad Z-axis and Gamepad Z-rotation....but when I go to use them in the game they will not work. I'm sure someone has a wealth of knowledge to help me out...thanks for the help.

squall_leonhart

The Great Gunblade Wielder
If they are recognised by the plugin, then the only reason they wouldn't work is because the game doesn't support C buttons.

squall_leonhart

Z and Z Rotation should function fine on the c buttons.
though the drivers you use are clearly borked as the right stick should be mapped to the RX/RY axis....

squall_leonhart

you didn't fix anything. just worked around your controllers crappy drivers, which btw i've verified among a number of GCPad users and most of them don't have the problems you do.

Gonetz

Plugin Developer (GlideN64)
Boy, your importunity even exceeds your technical incompetence. Do you ready to prove your words with examples from the source code? If not, get out. The argument "this works for most of people, so it is correct" is the very stupid one. Besides, if my work (call it workarounds, if you want) can help even one person in the world to avoid the problems with original version, it worth to exist.

X-Fi6

"Crash if gamepad is unplugged."
Well thanks very much for fixing that :) I have that bug with a generic PS2 controller to USB adapter. No box or anything. No rumble support. It was $20. This is the most typical controller you can expect and it would crash if you started a game without the controller plugged in.

"5. Crash if gamepad is unplugged. ( also not a problem )"
Squall needs to promptly shut the fuck up. :)

Gonetz

Plugin Developer (GlideN64)
"Crash if gamepad is unplugged."
Well thanks very much for fixing that :)
Half of my fixes related not to DirectInput issues, but to general bugs in plugin's code.
Beside the one you mentioned, "Rumble does not work after savestate load" and "Rumble does not work if plugged by the shortcut" issues must be general, because necessary variable initialization is missing. I wonder, how these features can work in original version without these fixes? If they do work, of course.