What's new

Nothing in Bassmasters 2000 ?

Renzokuken

Big bad boy
Pj64 says that "Bassmaster 2000" is compatible with it.
But - I cannot see anything, hear anything, do anything -
Pj64 is still running and thing I can do is to stop playing it.

So now I ask - how to play it ?

Corak

Nintendo gamer
Good question. I just noticed the same. I get a black screen with PJ64 Jabos 1.4 Sound + Video. Default settings.
Rom is (U) [!] of course.

I noticed it will show a non "--" FPS display when the CounterFactor is increased to 6 but it still won't do anything.

Not that it sounds I have any interest in playing a fishing game but I just tested Bassmaster 2000 with 1964. It seems to work fine there.

Tested with 1964 0.7.3 with Jabos Direct3D7 1.40 video and the Basic Audio Plugin. Audio sucks with 1964 unfortunately.

Last edited:

EddyB43

British Old Gamer
Seems to be that Jabo's v1.4 graphics plugin isn't detecting the microcode in PJ64. When ran in 1964, the microcode selector is grayed out and set to F3DEX 2.XX (and game works). In PJ64, it's set to RSP SW 2.0X (the top of the list, default when unknown?) and selecting other microcodes then resetting the emulation doesn't seem to help.

I was able to get a slow 50FPS framerate up for it when I switched to fullscreen then came back, but it doesn't seem to happen all that often. No graphics are rendered either way.

Doesn't seem to be calling the graphics or audio routines at all.

1964 has FPU hack set to off, maybe this is helping?

OP
Renzokuken

Renzokuken

Big bad boy
1964... dammit, I would be using it also
but it always freezes.

Let's see can I somehow play it ?