What's new

not really an emu ques but i need help

trippplet1

not really an emu question, but cant find any help anywhere else. im trying to make a copy of 1 of my pc games (for personal use) i have a cd burner but when i copy it, install the game, and try to play it from the cd it says "insert cd into cd-rom drive".

did i copy it right? ok i have win xp and i copied all the files off the original cd to my hard drive. then i put in a blank and copy and paste to the d drive then it gave me the option to "copy these files to cd" was that right or do i need a program of some sort for games.
I will take all advice because i wasted like 15 blanks trying to fig it out:cry:

OP
T

trippplet1

so you mean that i cant legally make a copy of my game? the only reason im doing this is to have a backup copy of my game just in case the cd scratches.

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
If your cd is scratched, u have the right to get another cd from the store you bought it from.
Usually...at least where i live.

Raging Fuel

The jumbles man, the jumbles
I'm pretty sure most people in this forum could answer this question for you, but as the board is already close to being illegal, I don't think anyone will. We don't want the board to start getting people only here to get free games. I don't know whether you are actually backing up your own games or not, so I think you can understand why no one will give you an answer.

LD.

*poke*
I'll answer anyway.

You can't just copy-paste the files from the cd to your hard drive and back again. You need to download a program like Clone CD that will make an ISO image of the disc first. That should work, unless the disc has some form of copy protection on it.

IMO, this board is nowhere near being illegal. Unless of course it's running on a warezed version of vBulletin. No illegal material being distributed as far as I can see :)