What's new

Noobie PJ64 in a Arcade cab Looking for Help

vartech

I have a arcade cab using a 25 in arcade monitor with ArcadeVGA card which is a modified Radeon 7000 (I think). the PC is a Athlon 3200xp with 512 ddr400 ram running XP Pro and using a Slikstik quad controller.

My problems are as follows maybe there common or the need for tweaking.

1. Zelda games do not show words clear they look out of focus like clouds.
2. I need suggestions on how to set up contollers for best usage. The slikstik quad has a joystick 7 buttons a start button a coin button total of 9 for each of the four controllers. I know that the n64 has more buttons, but I am looking to see which ones I should be using most.

Thanks in advance.

Blacklord

Banned
first what plugins are u using? second please fill in ur profile(i'm refering to ur system specs not nessasarily ur biografy) it'll be easier for u. Third the buttons u use the most are: A; B; all C-buttons; and analog stick of course!

Agozer

16-bit Corpse | Moderator
You might want to add the Z button as well. Surprisingly, the L and R buttons aren't used so much.

OP
V

vartech

First off thanks for replying. Regarding plugins that is were I am not sure which to use and what settings. My young kids like to play Zelda games, and any game that has mario like mario party1,2,3, smash brothers and bomberman. I amd trying a Rice video plugin I think it is 6.00. I am not sure what other settings to try make sure the games run. Currently I get some visual +++ errors when I exit some games. I choose Rice driver because that let me see the words in Zelda games. not sure if that is the best for my setup.

ps I added my system specs on the profile but they do not show up here??

Last edited:

Blacklord

Banned
pesonally i think rices plugin isn't the best. I use jabo's d3d8 as it is the most compatable. And u have to submit replies through the quick reply or the submit button bellow the first one for ur specs to show.

OP
V

vartech

I did you the quick reply. no system specs. I double checked my profile they are there. Also when I use Jabo 3d8.1.6 Zelda will not show words correctly. I tried diff settings still to slow and bad graphics. When I use Rices plugin I get graphics that allow the game to be playable. Can you suggest what settings for jabo to make sure I set it up correctly.

copied info from profile since it does not show up

Operating System:
Windows XP
CPU:
AMD XP 3200+
Video Card:
ArcadeVGA (modified radeon7000 for arcade crt)
Sound Card:
Onboard Soyo Dragon kt600
Memory:
512 DDR400
Other System Details:
Arcade Cab using 25 Wells Gardner monitor and Silk stik quad style controller

Last edited:

Blacklord

Banned
No. This is related to hardware and not neccesarily to the plugins(not really my department) Check out PJ64 FAQ. Continue to use Rices plugin.

OP
V

vartech

tried using d3d6 152. does not work well. So far the rice plugin for some reason gives the best results but it gives me a error everytime I exit a game