What's new

No$gba v2.4b is out!

suronosuke

Whats your speed on the world map in NEW super mario bros? Mine is still 65% seems the same as old version of emulator. Did I download the right one.

i`m getting 100% ingame, just the intro thats a little slow and the world selection. the stages itself are all good.

Treeki

Its not fully wifi fuction. It is addition and alots of improvement so you will have to wait until it is in fully wifi fuction.

Yeah, but how is it supposed to be used?
I was thinking the same way as for GBA games. But if I select more than one emulated Gameboy in settings, then only the first works. Second is always white screen. I have both firmware and BIOS.

ZurA

k I think I got it working now, I just tried another version of game and it looks to work fine now :)

spotanjo3

Whats your speed on the world map in NEW super mario bros? Mine is still 65% seems the same as old version of emulator. Did I download the right one.

The speed is the same ? What is your OS ?

The speed is still improvement so be patient.

Treeki

New Mario runs very well for me now!
Perfect on titlescreen (except "the romimage has crashed" if I use firmware and "Start from GBA Bios"). Intro is slow, but not too bad. Map is faster than before.
In-game perfect, but a little slow (course clear music finishes then Mario says "that's-a-so-nice")

edit: Trying Diamond now. So far I'm at the intro with Professor Rowan, it's almost perfect-speed here! But no 3D yet, so I don't know how it is later..

edit2: Inside a building, plays nicely, but there seem to be skipped frames, as the animations aren't very smooth.
Outside, it's slow, but not unplayable. Seems faster than old version! Also skipped frames (maybe even more?) Even the music is slow here.

I'm giving up on this for now.

edit3: Mario Kart runs perfectly in menu. When 3D comes on (such as in character select) it gets slow. In-game is not too bad, quite slow, but playable if you're patient.

edit4: Yoshi's Island DS is almost perfect, until you get to 1-3 which has a game-breaking glitch.
There is soft ground that Yoshi can normally break with his head, or eggs. A springboard is on top of one. However, Yoshi and the eggs can pass through them as though there is nothing. Which means you cannot get to the springboard as the egg does not break the ground to get the springboard down.

I have not tried Super Princess Peach in this version, but there is a glitch (as the YIDS collision glitch remains, I assume this one would too) where if you use Gloom to grow a plant to climb up, Peach's Gloom does not get locked until it is done growing (as it does on a real DS or Desmume) and she can move around, which means that the game thinks she has fallen down. Fortunately the grown plant stays when Peach is revived (as falling into a pit only costs you half a heart) so you can climb up it.

Last edited:

spotanjo3

Maybe you should show the screenshots.

I notice some of them are perfectly on my powerful computer. I am curious why you have problem with them. Show your screenshots will help us better understanding and view what's going on with you, ok ?

coolcat12

In Super mario bros is 100% for me ingame but on the map it 65. Also on water levels its also 65%. You guys get 100% on every single level? What are your settings. My OS is vista.

spotanjo3

No, that's normal. The speed is in development by the developer so you will have to wait because there is nothing you can do about it. :)

Treeki

Maybe you should show the screenshots.

I notice some of them are perfectly on my powerful computer. I am curious why you have problem with them. Show your screenshots will help us better understanding and view what's going on with you, ok ?

If you were talking to me, I don't think screenshots would really show much (apart from the YIDS and SPP glitches). There are hardly any graphical errors, just slowness. Also my computer is not too good (most minigames in the first 3 Mario Parties lag on N64 emulation)

spotanjo3

Ahh.. slowness then you need a powerful computer or just wait for update to improvement the speed in the near future accord to the developer.

spotanjo3

No, you can't. Read the changelog if enlarge the screen is available in the changelog then yes. Did it say that ? No. Then you have to wait in the near future or use desmume because it can enlarge but no$gba is better since more games are playable.

cyx

davidw89, if you running XP or VISTA (w/ OPENGL ICD driver) try NDS2xGL2, since it work w/ 2.4b

abba

ZERO_TOP_HELPER
this has became very playable only problem i am having is transperncy in nsmb
viewtiful joe double trouble is really slow

daksunt

well i would definetely say that the developer has worked very hard in this version. the emu is almost equal or better than a normal ds. just needs graphical updates and speed with sound then other things wifi things like that but graphics are great now u can see the opening of pokemon diamond only problem is that the sound doesn't match with the pics but sound is almost perfect. about gameplay speed (realtime) 93-108%for inside 70-80% for outside, sound is ok in both manner. just needs a little bit more speed. btw unlimited doesnt change much of a thing except making some places reach 900%speed

the end of the game, graphics perfect(was too hard to come to this level:p)(if anyone wants to see any place inthe game i might take shots of it for everyone)

Last edited: