What's new

NO$GBA 2.5b screenshoots and compatibility

OP
Nicolai25

Nicolai25

Brain Age - Train Your Brain in Minutes a Day!
save type: EEPROM 256K
Note: its in sideways. does anybody knows how to fix it?
Menu Sound: okay
ingame sound: okay!

OP
Nicolai25

Nicolai25

Big Brain Academy
save type: EEPROM 64k
Menu Sound: okay! a bit distorted
ingame sound: okay! a bit distorted

OP
Nicolai25

Nicolai25

Castlevania - Portrait of Ruin (U)
save type: EEPROM 64K
note:that because of the frameskip for 3d
the game seems to be to fast.. to have it stable
set the emulator speed to Unlimited Disaster 50%
Menu Sound: okay and it rock
ongame sound: okay! a bit distorted

try it one of the best improvement no$gba has that no other emulator can do

OP
Nicolai25

Nicolai25

Pokemon Diamond (U) and
Pokemon Pearl (U)
save type: FLASH 512K
Menu Sound: okay!

FlotsamX

Feel the Magic: XY XX (U)
Save Type: EEPROM 64K
Notes: Slowdown can happen on some games, and in 1 there is a GFX error on the top screen that prevents you from progressing.
Menu Audio: Perfect
Ingame Audio: Perfect to almost inaudible

Last edited:
OP
Nicolai25

Nicolai25

Final fantasy 3
Menu Sound: okay and it rock
ongame sound: okay! a bit distorted

try it one of the best improvement no$gba has that no other emulator can do

FlotsamX

Well... that explains it. I have several Chinese games (guy in my family lives there), and I thought the reason they didn't work was regional lockout.

Last edited:

Shadow72

Phoenix Wright
Menu Sound: Perfect
ongame sound: Prefect.

Really fun game to play.

OP
Nicolai25

Nicolai25

Megaman ZX
savetype: EEPROM 64k

XclusionNL

Pokemon Diamond (U) and
Pokemon Pearl (U)
save type: FLASH 512K

Nicolai, does the game crash when you have a full box on the pc, I recall this has happened to me with earlier nosgba versions.

OP
Nicolai25

Nicolai25

actually i dont know really im on the early part of the game.
and im busy testing some of my backups.
maybe i guess its playable..

"thanx to a guy from TosheX of emuforums"
This is a list of some of the most common D/P bugs and their solutions (found by either me or the boys and girls here on the forum)
----------------------------------------------------------------

Even though it is not a bug, here are the details of how to emulate the game, i read too many questions about it lately so please read these instructions - there are as detailed as i can give so dont pm me for further explanations:

HOW TO EMULATE GAME SECTION

1. DOWNLOAD LATEST VERSION OF NO$GBA AND EXTRACT IT IN A FOLDER OF YOUR CHOICE

2. IN THE SAME FOLDER PLACE THE FIRMWARE AND BIOS FILES (FILES SHOULD BE NAMED FIRMWARE.BIN ; BIOSNDS7.ROM ; BIOSNDS9.ROM)

- IMPORTANT NOTE: THESE FILES SHOULD BE DUMPED FROM YOUR OWN NDS CONSOLE VIA CABLE USING OPTIONS IN UTILITY MENU IN NO$GBA EMULATOR; THERE ARE OTHER WAYS OF OBTAINING THESE FILES BUT THOSE WAYS ARE CONSIDERED ILLEGAL AND THUS ASKING ABOUT IT HERE IS FORBIDEN

3. USING ENDRYPTS ADVANCE PROGRAM ENCRYPT YOUR GAME ROM (YOU CAN DOWNLOAD THE PROGRAM BY CLICKING HERE)

4. OPEN THE GAME ROM IN NO$GBA AND ADJUST YOUR OPTIONS > EMULATION SETTINGS TO THE FOLLOWING (SEE SCREEN SHOT) AND SAVE THE OPTIONS

03.jpg

NOW YOU CAN RESET AND THE GAME WILL BE PLAYABLE!!! FOR SOLUTIONS OF PROBLEMS AND BUGS THAT MAY OCCURE WHILE PLAYING GAME SEE THE BUGS AND FIXES SECTION BELOW...

----------------------------------------------------------------

BUGS AND FIXES SECTION

BUG: English version shows a blue screen after save during load, or freezes after load
SOLUTION: The blue screen is shown when using NO$GBA.INP renamed in firmware.bin, and the black screen freeze game when using dumped firmware... the solution for successful load is a patch made by Kingcom. You can find the program for patching here and the ips patch file here. To patch load the encrypted ROM in the upper field (for how to encrypt the rom see step 3 from the HOW TO EMULATE GAME SECTION above) and the IPS file in the lower one (for details see screenshot below). Once again greatest thanx to Kingcom

04.jpg

NOTE: This patch is tested on Diamond Version and Pearl Version too!

EDIT:If u r using a 'newer than 2.4a version no$gba emu' then get the ".nds" file again and "don't patch it" i hope I am making not patching part clear. This is only for ingame saves as in
start->menu->Save->Yes and not the F7 andf F8 button type saving(also known as "quicksave" or "savestate") and choose the correct save type for the rom. Thanks to Chris21 for this post.

Bug 1: Game freezes at end of first (and other) battle(s)
Solution: JUST TURN ON SOUND. At end of battle pokemon that faints makes a cry sound, and with disabled sound game freezes and waits for the cry of the fainting pokemon to be prosecuted;

Bug 2: Game freezes when trying to deposit pokemon in computer box
Solution A: Use second or third option in the computer to open the deposit boxes, change to an empty box, and then return to the previous menu and deposit option should work
Solution B: Use the third - move option instead of the deposit option (which is first) to move pokemon from hand to box or from box to hand... game starts to run verry slow sometimes while trying to move a pokemon from hand to box so just use Solution A before moving the pokemon from hand;

Bug 3: Upper screen turns white while exploring an area
Solution: This is just a graphical problem actualy, its just FOG... fog is not drawn right and instead of looking like fog it makes the whole screen white, so just open the menu and use HM05 Fog Clear - now after u use fog clear the screen is still white (the screen needs to be reset), so just open any menu that ocupies the whole screen (like the pokemon list, map, pokedex, etc.) and return to the game afterwards. The fog will be gone since the screen is reset and u can play normally;

Bug 4: At some points when there is a movie sequence the screen turns white or freezes
Solution: Just wait a while the screen will return to normal;

IMPORTANT NOTE: DO NOT PRIVATE MESSAGE ME FOR FURTHER EXPLANATION - THIS IS THE MOST DETAILED EXPLANATION I CAN GIVE, AND I BELIVE IT SHOULD BE ENOUGH

"thanx to a guy from TosheX of emuforums"

u should try his advice and instruction

newone1

I have a question, is there anyway to change the firmwares language to english and play the game in english, the one I got is French.

Agozer

16-bit Corpse | Moderator
I have a question, is there anyway to change the firmwares language to english and play the game in english, the one I got is French.
Boot the game into the DS' system menu and change the language, or ditch firmware.bin.

FlotsamX

Brain Age - Train Your Brain in Minutes a Day!
save type: EEPROM 256K
Note: **its in sideways. does anybody knows how to fix it?**
Menu Sound: okay

You can't fix it, it's not a problem. The game was designed for the DS, and you are supposed to hold the DS like a book.

spotanjo3

Nicolai25,

It is called Rotate and it is not supporting for no$gba yet.. It will but not at anytime. :)

FlotsamX,

You are wrong... you are not developer. :) The rotate supporting will be add-on for no$gba in the near future. Desmume and iDeaS already have them. :)

OP
Nicolai25

Nicolai25

okay thnx u rockmanforte..
hmm.. no$gba is very fast interms of developing..
i have to post a new screenshots for 2.5c

good work guys. im here to help.. and hope other help 2..by posting there screenshots..

FlotsamX

Nicolai25,

It is called Rotate and it is not supporting for no$gba yet.. It will but not at anytime. :)

FlotsamX,

You are wrong... you are not developer. :) The rotate supporting will be add-on for no$gba in the near future. Desmume and iDeaS already have them. :)

Alright... but as of NOW, it can't be fixed. AFAIK, NO$GBA 2.5c doesn't have rotation.