What's new

Nintendo Gamecube Question.

OP
Vchat20

Vchat20

Would it be possible to use the broadband adapter for the GC and somehow access the GC from your PC that way? That might be possible.

OP
Vchat20

Vchat20

Are you sure? I still say that somebody oughtta try it, or open up the case and see what makes it tick.

jvolel

Destoryer of worlds
when the dreamcast is fully emulated then i think we'll see some early work on a gamecude emu, hell when the ps2 is fully emulated (meaning it plays damn near all commercial games if not all commercial games, with pretty much no probs at all) then we'll see a gc emu i think o_O

OP
Vchat20

Vchat20

well a ps2 shouldnt be hard, cuz the discs for it are real DVD's. So just pop it in your DVD drive and youll see the data, but the emu is the problem. But at least youll automatically be past the disc reading problem.

OP
Vchat20

Vchat20

Still I think someone oughtta take the drive out of the GC, and install it in their computer. The computer should detect something. I tryed that with my DC drive. the computer detected it, installed some kind of driver for a drive that i didnt even know about and it actually worked. I could see the contents of my DC games. try that with the GC drive.

ScottJC

At your service, dood!
I don't see the point of removing parts from the GC, especially to emulate a gc, the GC does a perfectly good job of running these games already :happy:

Anchel

The Xpaniard
I'm not trying anything until somebody who knows about this tells it works. Also, I don't have a GC, but I'm about to buy one.

OP
Vchat20

Vchat20

anybody who has the $$ to burn, get an extra GC and try that. Cuz it worked on my DC drive, and that uses proprietary discs. Just try it. Id love to see a GC emu come out.

mmcoder

Vchat20 said:
anybody who has the $$ to burn, get an extra GC and try that. Cuz it worked on my DC drive, and that uses proprietary discs. Just try it. Id love to see a GC emu come out.

There's about a one in a zillion chance of it working but sure, it's worth a shot, assuming noone has tried it. You'd have to really dislike your gamecube and your PC though, because you never know what would happen. Probably should ask an expert first if anything would be ruined.

Writing a driver (on the good chance there isn't one) would probably require tons of hardware info (that N isn't giving out), that's why I said it would be tougher than it sounds earlier. So once you got some kind of interface to the drive you're probalby just stuck there with no way to cause it to actually read anything.

decription

Lol this s pathectic. This thread is full of lightnights. And vchat do you know what an emulator is? Come on! RTFM!

iq_132

Banned
1. Who exactly do you think you are decription? When you've been in the scene as long as a mod, then you can judge others.
2. I actually tried to put a GC disk in my DVD-ROM drive, and it read the disk... I used isobuster and ripped a copy. Then I compressed the copy to see if it was a good copy, or a bunch of 0s. It compressed from around 900mb (it think it was) to around 2.7mb. So it must have been 0s or junk data.