What's new

Nintendo 64DD

head21

¸,~*'~,¸¸,~'*²¹
Do you think we will ever see a 64DD system emulator?
Or if someone knows of one.

Clements

Well... LaC was interested in making one (as part of Nemu64), but he couldn't because he did not have access to the hardware/64DD disks.

Also, as far as I know, no disk images have been dumped (I think because no one knows how, but I could be wrong)

alcoatjez

And also because the thing is so damn rare!
I'd love to see them emulated, mainly because of the F-Zero expansion kit...

GogoTheMimic

Pimpin' Red Mage
The Mario Artist series looked interesting to me along with the FZero Expansion. Too bad a 64DD and maybe 1 disk go for over $600 on eBay. -_-

sifi

Clements said:
Also, as far as I know, no disk images have been dumped (I think because no one knows how, but I could be wrong)

The z64 backup device allows the 64DD to be plugged in at the same time but whether or not the Z64 can then copy the DD64 game disk remains to seen.

Does anyone actually have both of these and if so have they tried.

Also to any of the moderators, If this is grave digging please explain the time
limit as this thread is only 13 days old and are'nt old questions there to be answerd by new ideas.

Allnatural

sifi said:
Also to any of the moderators, If this is grave digging please explain the time limit as this thread is only 13 days old and are'nt old questions there to be answerd by new ideas.
There is no hard-set rule, nor is it an egregious error to gravedig. It's just a bit annoying is all. I figure if the thread isn't on the first page of the forum there's no point in replying. Or, let's assume that threads which haven't seen activity in more than a month probably aren't relevent anymore.

Niggy G

HTAFC will rise again!!!
Allnatural said:
There is no hard-set rule, nor is it an egregious error to gravedig. It's just a bit annoying is all. I figure if the thread isn't on the first page of the forum there's no point in replying. Or, let's assume that threads which haven't seen activity in more than a month probably aren't relevent anymore.

In general yes, but in some cases someone may want to revisit a thread to ask a question, like this one, in which the posts were over a year apart…

http://www.emutalk.net/showthread.php?t=8062