What's new

Nights Prob with SSF

Miretank

Lurking
Ok, I load Nights Into Dreams in SSF, it passes the bios, enters in Sega logo, but after that, the emulator take a long break in a black screen and shows this error:
_DriveStatus_Play() error. Fatal error.
I've tried in SSF 0.7 R13 and in the newest SSF 0.7 (with fixed bug). I've also checked the "NO CD Wait Block" box, but I've got no work.
Here's a screen:

Any ideas? =\

OP
Miretank

Miretank

Lurking
I forgot to say that I'm already running from an image :)
But hey, I've got it to work. Just need to press the Start Button a couple of times before it enters ingame :plain: strange or not, I've got it to work with this.
Thanks for the help =)

Has anyone else experienced this error and this solution?

Streifer

I experience this error with Dragon Force on SSF too but since it's not a real problem, I'm actually more concerned to how improve speed of my gameplay

Borisz

MiretanK.O said:
I forgot to say that I'm already running from an image :)
But hey, I've got it to work. Just need to press the Start Button a couple of times before it enters ingame :plain: strange or not, I've got it to work with this.
Thanks for the help =)

Has anyone else experienced this error and this solution?
busted image file, in fact I would bet money on that you downloaded shitty a iso/mp3 copy. Pressing start at the beginning means that the game will skip the movies, which are stored on a 2nd data track - nonexistant on your copy, and thus it gives you the "can't read drive, fatal error" message.

Streifer

I'm using a "self made" image of my Dragon Force CD on DaemonTool...
I tried with original but SSF seem to ignore my D: and E: :\

Since there's this
2fast4u said:
First of all, i'd like to preach the rules of course (yep, its bugging but its my duty) ... do not talk about the following stuff in here:

o game ripping and/or burning
o where to download ripped games
o where to find BIOS files

Just our few rules of good behavior
I believe both of us (Miretank and I) will have to search another place to get a way to solve our problem....

Borisz

Well, if you do a bin/cue and mount that, it should work fine. I don't think that this should be much of a problem seeing how the author of SSF even encourages ripping your games in image files and using that in DAEmon to improve the emulation (some cd drives don't have good enough timing and cause problems when used to play the actual cd).