What's new

Nice Job Schibo/Rice

Duncan

N64 Addict
Even though the current v0.8.0 was compiled by Bobbi and not official, i must say Nice JoB! The overall speed has increased drasticly, and for those of us with 800 mhz - 1.8 ghz or better CPU's, most games are too fast (used Interpreter core and Max VI Limit's alot, lol), but will help out the lower-end users greatly. I fed v0.8.0 over 100 Roms so far, and the only 2 that didnt work were Battle Tanx and Battle Tanx GA. I still have another 200+ Roms to go :) For those of you trying out v0.8.0 make sure to check your game/ini settings if any game doesnt work/crashes (and dont be afraid to tweak around a little), as a few times some settings had to be changed (i.e. No Check was selected when should have been Protect Memory, etc.) as some settings for the previous version doesnt apply to v0.8.0.

Keep up the great work, and best of luck guys, as 1964 has more than a bright future :)

pj64er

PJ64 Lubba
ya, actually i think theres a problem.

with the prerelease version, the speed limiters dont seem to work. i used the NTSC (60fps) limiter for JetForceGemini and the game frequently goes to 80. its sorta fun like that but i think its a bug nontheless.

dont tell me this is supposed to happen ???

schibo

Emulator Developer
thx Duncan

arg, BattleTanx & BattleTanxGA again..These games come and go, ok i'm looking at this now.

speed sync. fastest box i have access to is a 950MHz AMD, i can run through it this weekend to see what is & isn't syncing right

Eddy

I Run This
schibo that avatar is the shit! looks cool! location: prison ? thats a hell of a prison your in

OP
Duncan

Duncan

N64 Addict
Schibo, i sent you a Test/Spec file in the e-mail, it has all my Specs/Plug-ins and Test results, if you need my ini, jusy give a shout =)

crhylove

Banned
the avatar.

now that everyone has their lips on your ass over the new avatar, move over so i can join.

/me is getting an athlon/geforce 2morrow....

wheee!!!!

also, did anyone else notice how much closer dr. mario is to working? is it jabo causing the remaining unemu'd gfx, or is it the emu? it loox roughly the same in pj 1.4, so i'm guessing it's jabo.

this would be an emu first, wouldn't it?

rhy

crhylove

Banned
duncan....

now that you've done all that "work" (is testing an emu really work? lol)

for the love of god post your ini!!!

love ya baby.
rhy

sk8bloke22

roll for life
yeh duncan=ini man. pretty please make one. ive tested enuff games if u need like comments or wateva, but we need a snigle person to do this as the other compilations were a bit dodgy, plus Duncan has experience. go for it.

OP
Duncan

Duncan

N64 Addict
The last 2 nights ive made alot of progress, and id like to make a release but, there a few problems...
I have a 1.8 GHZ PC, and where theres a few problems with the limiters in the latest compile, alot of the games need the interpreter core, which brings about sound problems (skipping,etc.) but the gameplay is nice and frame rates are pretty good. Not everyone has a 1.0 GHZ or better PC, so i dont know how it will be for those with lower end PC's. I am also thinking of working with Noote on the official Ini, as contributing to the overall project is allways a good thing, but who knows :) If anyone is interrested in testing my latest version of the Ini, just give me a shout, and ill be sending a copy to Schibo/Rice/Noote as soon as i finish up :)

sk8bloke22

roll for life
suggestion, put the limiter on as default on automatic, and maybe CF2 or CF4, nohigher than CF4 though. u need to put a note that CounterFactors are completely customised and work differnelty for every pc.

ill test your .ini with pleasure.

jvolel

Destoryer of worlds
does the netplay option work yet? any luck with that? and even though i didnt try the emu as of writing this am sure it'll be great

jvolel

Destoryer of worlds
ok wait a sec, where can i get the emu or is it just the source code that has been updated?..... i dont understand

pj64er

PJ64 Lubba
jvolel, its only a prerelease source.

if u want the complied version, goto ngemu.com

also, netplay is not done, in fact, rice has been trying to get someone to work on it.

crhylove

Banned
my new ini

i'm working on a new ini specifically for a bunch of athlon/geforce machines that i recently came into.

they have 950 mhz and it's the crappiest of all geforce 2's , the mx 200.

but at cf 4 most games seem to work well, but i've had some unexplained crashes, so i'm sticking with 7.3 for now.

peace...

crhylove the communist computer cowboy
@ computer corral

schibo

Emulator Developer
To say netplay is not done is not correct, but to say we want to rewrite it is correct.

pj64er

PJ64 Lubba
schibo said:
To say netplay is not done is not correct, but to say we want to rewrite it is correct.

ok...how about:

The current incarnation of 1964's netplay is barely playable. The authors are interested in rewriting it.

Remote

Or...

The method currently used for multiplayer activities over the internet isn't the ideal solution for netplay, over the internet or local area networks, if you don't have...
(a.) A very, very fast connection...
(b.) A couple of pints....
(c.) None of the above...
But they have shown interest in and are willing to spend their free time on creating a method that eventually will yield optimal results even for modem users.