What's new

News on the Nintendo "Revolution".....

JinXD

Here's a snippet:
Speaking briefly about Revolution, Iwata announced a number of hard details regarding the next-generation system for the first time - including the fact that the console will be backwards compatible with the GameCube, and will have WiFi online functionality built into the system.

The chips for the system are on schedule, he claimed, with ATI working on a custom graphics part codenamed "Hollywood" and IBM working on a chip called "Broadway" - the capitals of movie entertainment and stage entertainment respectively, he noted.
http://www.gamesindustry.biz/content_page.php?aid=7359

Your thoughts and expectations?

sheik124

Emutalk Member
I read this on Ninty's own site yesterday, they also mention an XBOX Live like service for the DS, free of charge

Dont' these specs sound surprisingly like an XBOX2/NextBox/Xenon/wtf

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
Well, I think they'll all match specs, these new consoles, heh =)
I read this friday last week. They also released a new trailer on the new zelda coming this year. Looks real nice, too.

OP
JinXD

JinXD

Yep, seen the new trailer too. Looks amazing, can't wait til they release more info on it at E3....

Doomulation

Can't wait 'til they release the game! :D
But I do wonder why they've put such overkill specs into the next-gen machines...
Hmmm... now I want to see E3 too. Never done that... never been there... :(

OP
JinXD

JinXD

Doomulation said:
But I do wonder why they've put such overkill specs into the next-gen machines...
Heh, obviously I can't wait til they release it, but I'm guessing that won't be til the end of the year, start of '06. So I'd be content with some more info from E3! :D

Yeah, I'd love to go to E3 myself, shame I'd have to sell one of kidneys to afford the flight over there! ;)

Doomulation

Got some more info on zelda! This is going to rock you... hehehehehe...
Anyway, url: http://www.gaming-media.com/rpg/zeldagc_preview.shtml
Oh and the game is scheduled for release quarter 4 of 2005. On dvdboxoffice, it's described as "October 18th," I think. On Nintendo, it's simply stated for release 2005.
Go figure. Now I bet you can't hold still and want to get the game immidietly.
Hmmm... I wonder if sony fans will be shocked or jealous now?

OP
JinXD

JinXD

All this information can be taken with a grain of salt, since it isn’t one hundred percent real yet. This information was given to us from many reliable sources but still it’s not official yet so keep that in mind
Even if half the features mentioned there are implemented, this game is simply going to rock!

Mind you when has there ever been a bad zelda game!? :D

Doomulation

Errr... wind waker? Minish cap? OoT was a fine game, but overrated. Zelda MM. Among them. Maybe more... hmm... nah, I think that's all.

OP
JinXD

JinXD

Doomulation said:
Errr... wind waker? Minish cap? OoT was a fine game, but overrated. Zelda MM. Among them. Maybe more... hmm... nah, I think that's all.
I don't think you could call any of those games bad, perhaps not as good compared to some other zelda games....

PsyMan

Just Another Wacko ;)
I think that OOT was the best possible 3D convertion that could be made back then. Of course some GFX improvements could be made but PSX was a tough opponent and Goldeneye and Mario games weren't enough to compete with it (big N didn't have much time and N64 could end like Saturn).
I still consider OOT and LTTP as the best Zelda games with LA and WW following right after.

Doomulation

JinXD said:
I don't think you could call any of those games bad, perhaps not as good compared to some other zelda games....
No, I mean it. Bad. Bad, bad, bad, bad, bad, bad, bad, bad, bad, bad, bad, bad, bad, bad, bad, bad, bad, bad, bad!!! They CAN be played, but bad nevertheless.
Yes, they did a good job on OoT I guess, but in the end in never held. It wasn't the graphics, it was the other... I personally think that the new zelda will have more touch and be a little more complex and a little more ... difficult. Thing that OoT was missing. Oh yeah, and HOPEFULLY some more things to explore.

Tagrineth

Dragony thingy
Doomulation said:

"overkill specs" ROFL

:flowers:

Doomulation

Well, I honestly don't believe those machines need 3 2.0 ghz processors O_O That's overkill, wouldn't you agree?

Tagrineth

Dragony thingy
Doomulation said:
Well, I honestly don't believe those machines need 3 2.0 ghz processors O_O That's overkill, wouldn't you agree?

No.. not at all.

Not by any means.

WHY is it overkill?

Give me one GOOD reason why it's overkill.

2fast4u

Doomulation said:
No, I mean it. Bad. Bad, bad, bad, bad, bad, bad, bad, bad, bad, bad, bad, bad, bad, bad, bad, bad, bad, bad, bad!!! They CAN be played, but bad nevertheless.

well with that compelling reasoning in mind, how can anyone disagree? :whistling

dragon_rider

私は竜が好き&#
Supposedly, the Revolution's GPU is based on the ATI Radeon X800. So, the graphics capabilities would be very comparable to XBOX2/NextBox/Xenon's.
Hmm. I've also read that the revolution can hook up to a PC monitor. What would be the point of doing that? Playing games at a higher-than-TV resolution?

smegforbrain

The problem with 'overkill' is that it'll look like a good move two years from now as technology takes a few more leaps and bounds forward. :)

dragon_rider

私は竜が好き&#
I was on IGN.com and say a tab that said "3/28 - President Iwata...Revolution rumor" http://cube.ign.com/articles/599/599399p1.html.
One problem, I can't find out what the Revolution info is because I need to be an IGN only customer. (I found out what the link was by...well, you know the rest). Is there anyway I can find out where the latest info on the Nintendo Revolution besides IGN, N-philes, Gamespot, EGM, or Gamepro.com? The info on these sites are neither recently updated or have nothing about the Revolution. Or could someone please tell me what this link has? This will be greatly appreciated. I haven't the money to be an IGNsider.