What's new

newbie problems

minus_90

ok i got 1964 the other day and i have a few roms, at first i got sound but no video then i got a video pulgin (jabo's driect 3d6) and then everything looked fine as i stated playing smash bros. and then the fight started and there was no sprites. then i tried mario 64 and it looked good then i went into the first level and it was all grey.

if it matters i'm running
700 mhz
191 megs ram
and 11 megs shared video

2bzy4ne1

Mmmmm....Beeeeerrrr
the video card is your problem. Onboard video cards never seem to perform good for n64 emulation. Only by getting a new graphics card will you be able to fix those issues.

ra5555

N64 Newbie
minus_90 said:
ok i got 1964 the other day and i have a few roms, at first i got sound but no video then i got a video pulgin (jabo's driect 3d6) and then everything looked fine as i stated playing smash bros. and then the fight started and there was no sprites. then i tried mario 64 and it looked good then i went into the first level and it was all grey.

if it matters i'm running
700 mhz
191 megs ram
and 11 megs shared video

you will need a new graphics card, out of all the video cards that are out on the market today, I'd recommend any GF4 ti4200 or a Readon 9000, they both offer so much value for so little price.

Good luck

RJA

The PC Wiz
I know what the major issue is

It looks like Minus_90 has an Intel onboard 828xx video.
With the Intel, it is *my* known issue of the following:

THIS APPLIES TO:

Jabo's gfx 1.0 and 1.1 and maybe some others

(discovered right after PJ64 was released for the first time
in 2001)

SYMPTOMS:
The Goldeneye 007 intro gfx are OK, but in game,
everything is all just white and purple and can't see anything
else.

With Super Mario 64, the intro is OK, but in game, all or some
backgrounds are all white with objects not displayed.

CAUSE:

You have Intel 828xx video onboard

*and* you have fog enabled

WORKAROUND:

*Disable* fog or try Jabo's gfx of other versions

OP
M

minus_90

ok i got a pulgin that has it work, not perfect but well enough, i've got little boxes around like 2d objects. but i have a question i'm playing and i only know what A and B buttions are, i've pressed every buttion on the keyboard and i dont know what the other buttions

cooliscool

Nintendo Zealot
Try glide64 and evoodoo, it's great for cards that cant handle jabo's work, and is very close to as compatible.

Last edited:

Fox

Born to play
--Edited out--

Minus_90 go to Plugins -> Input settings. That will show you what your looking for.

Last edited: