What's new

Newbie needin help

137h41r4p70r

:devil:
Hi, im just new round here but would like some help on this:
does anybody roun has gotten 1964 runnin on his/her PC similar to mine:

k6-II 500 megz , voodoo 3 2000 PCI, 192 RAM, all windows OS round....
Just wanna know

cooliscool

Nintendo Zealot
I have. Use glide64 with your voodoo3, Azimer's 0.40 beta2 sound.

My specs are:

K6-II 500@550MHz
Geforce4 MX 420
192MB ram
Windows XP Pro Service pack 1.

:)

OP
137h41r4p70r

137h41r4p70r

Thx dude, but now the question is, ya said ya have gotten it to run, but fine or not?? i mean, with yer voodoo, I have tried glide64 and yes, its the best, but now in win98 it runs zelda at 60-70 % of n64 real speed (though banjo kazooie has even ran to 80-160%), but I want zelda to run at least at 90%, is this possible??? what drivers should I use.
Maybe it seems kinda stupid but i've been trying since I got my first PC a year ago to emulate the n64....

OP
137h41r4p70r

137h41r4p70r

Easy answer dude, coz i have no money like most ppl in USA or Europe, here in south america things are a lot different...
:devil: :devil: :devil:

cooliscool

Nintendo Zealot
Run at a really low resolution, use no sound, etc. Keep trying.. ;)

I can get much over 90% in zelda, alot of times in the 180's.

OP
137h41r4p70r

137h41r4p70r

Yeah, but...

Dya mean 180 fps!!!, but I guess its with yer gforce4, what is the max framerate ya got with yer voodoo?, cooliscool

co_p3rth

Emu Lover
anyway, i used to have:

pentium 3 450 mhz
voodoo3 2000
256 sdram

close enough i guess, well if u want to run zelda at 90 or even 100% speed as it suppose to be on n64
use ultrahle or suprahle :) they run it preety good, well it can't run zelda2 (majora's mask) yet, so if want to play zelda Oot, u can try em :D

OP
137h41r4p70r

137h41r4p70r

Yeah but...

co_p3rth said:
anyway, i used to have:

pentium 3 450 mhz
voodoo3 2000
256 sdram

close enough i guess, well if u want to run zelda at 90 or even 100% speed as it suppose to be on n64
use ultrahle or suprahle :) they run it preety good, well it can't run zelda2 (majora's mask) yet, so if want to play zelda Oot, u can try em :D

I apologize for bein a pain in the ass, but I have ultrahle and supra but they wont run even mario at a descent speed, why? wasnt ultrahle supossed to run well on crappy machines like mine?

cooliscool

Nintendo Zealot
Yeah, i noticed uhle is slow for me too. Much slower than 1964 or even pj64 for that matter. Have you tried running 1964 at a really low res, no sound, etc.. ? To tell you the truth, when my voodoo3 actually worked i never did n64 emulation. Sorry.

OP
137h41r4p70r

137h41r4p70r

Yeah...

Im tellin ya d00d, ive tried it all, i have downloaded every single emulator, every single version but cant get any games to run, and I think ya dont need such a powerful PC to acomplish this since the n64 is not such a piece of a machine (though is excellent, dont take me wrong), maybe i would expect a xbox emulator or some to run only in super PCs, but not the n64 emus, and besides, why Corn ran so insanely fast??? why cant the other emus do the same way (though corn had a lot of bugs and graphics glitches)

OP
137h41r4p70r

137h41r4p70r

ya sure?

cooliscool said:
Your games don't run at all? Sounds more like a windows problem. Try formatting, it always helps. :D

Does a formatting could improve overall performance
of an OS? coz i havent formatted my HD since

Trotterwatch

why Corn ran so insanely fast why cant the other emus do the same way (though corn had a lot of bugs and graphics glitches)

The reason Corn was so fast is because it didn't emulate many of the N64s features- hence the glitches also. An N64 is also much harder to emulate than you would think. It is actually quite amazing that machines of 500mhz (and sometimes under) + can often play N64 games at near perfect speed, graphics and sound.

If you haven't reformatted your computer since you have purchased it, then a reformat will probably help out a lot - though before you do this, you should ensure you have backed up all the files that need backing up. You should also make sure you have correct drivers etc for all your pieces of hardware.

OP
137h41r4p70r

137h41r4p70r

Personal Experience??

Trotterwatch said:
The reason Corn was so fast is because it didn't emulate many of the N64s features- hence the glitches also. An N64 is also much harder to emulate than you would think. It is actually quite amazing that machines of 500mhz (and sometimes under) + can often play N64 games at near perfect speed, graphics and sound.

If you haven't reformatted your computer since you have purchased it, then a reformat will probably help out a lot - though before you do this, you should ensure you have backed up all the files that need backing up. You should also make sure you have correct drivers etc for all your pieces of hardware.

But have ya or anyone who read this, gotten and improval over yer PC performance just by formattin the HD, why, coz of the fragmentation or some?

Trotterwatch

Well I would say if you have a version of Win9x (95,98,ME) on your machine, for over a year, then a reformat should bring a definate performance increase.

This is because Win9x is atrocious at housecleaning, and will leave bits of files all over the place, the registry etc. Gradually this will slow the PC down, and destablize it. Of course, some people run Win9x for years without problems, but I would say they were in the minority.

If you know what you are doing though, you could always have a good clean of your PC, removing redundant files, deinstalling and reinstalling drivers, updating your DirectX etc

OP
137h41r4p70r

137h41r4p70r

Xplain betta

Trotterwatch said:
Well I would say if you have a version of Win9x (95,98,ME) on your machine, for over a year, then a reformat should bring a definate performance increase.

This is because Win9x is atrocious at housecleaning, and will leave bits of files all over the place, the registry etc. Gradually this will slow the PC down, and destablize it. Of course, some people run Win9x for years without problems, but I would say they were in the minority.

If you know what you are doing though, you could always have a good clean of your PC, removing redundant files, deinstalling and reinstalling drivers, updating your DirectX etc

Yeah, but if i have installed win98 a lot of times , shouldnt my PC be runninbg fine without a need of formattin, or even if i reinstall an OS, the former installed will leave a trace?. know what i mean?

The Khan Artist

Warrior for God
Reinstalling Windows can fix problems, but it usually makes the speed worse. I'm speaking from experience here.

Reformatting and going from scratch can give massive speed boosts, especially if you have installed and removed lots of programs since you got your PC.

OP
137h41r4p70r

137h41r4p70r

Ok

The Khan Artist said:
Reinstalling Windows can fix problems, but it usually makes the speed worse. I'm speaking from experience here.

Reformatting and going from scratch can give massive speed boosts, especially if you have installed and removed lots of programs since you got your PC.

But i have another question, ive got a 40 gigz HD, should i format it all, or just the main 20 gigz partition? whatcha think (coz i have it full of unburst stuff..)

co_p3rth

Emu Lover
u just at least need to format the partition where ur os r installed, yes that helps,
it's quite strange tho, coz supra/ ultrahle even run fast (around 80 - 90%) just like my first pc spec on my friend pc he has even lower pc spec then mine like k6-II 400 with voodoo3 2000 gfx card and 128 sdram, and he still play it rite now :plain:

??? i hope i can help u more with more infos