What's new

Newbie Help

Yipes

hello everyone, to put it straight down on the table im a newbie when it comes to n64 emuation. Im posting this thread im search of guidance on how to get good working emulator for my system, which is:
Window XP home, Pentium 4 2.6ghz, 512mb ram, Geforce fx 5200 vid card, Realtek AC97 sound card. etc.

Now i know theres a heap of n64 emulators, and other files which which are needed to make it run well. Could anyone be so kind as to direct me to the best emulator and any other files in which i need to use the emulator (links for dl's)

Thanks in advance :D Yipes

Last edited:

revl8er

That Damn Good
Welcome to emutalk. Well the 2 major emulators you should try with your gfx card are 19640.99 and pj64 1.5 with sp1. For plugins, you can use jabo's 1.5 plugin or rice's 5.60 plugin which should work great with your gfx card. You can also give orkin's direct64 plugin a try. You can get all of these from the downloads section in the forum.

vleespet

The decent one
Note that Jabo's 1.5 isn't available on the downloads section because Jabo doesn't want his plugins distributed outside PJ64, so you need to download PJ64 1.5 for that.