What's new

Newbie Help - SelfBoot and weird file extensions

Jayme16UK

Hey Guys ,
I downloaded what i believe to be a CD IMAGE of a game , (yes do own it)
however im confused by the file names, they look like this

Sonic.Adventure.SelfBoot.7z.001
this is repeated upto about 50 odd and they are all 14MB in size

There is also an Sonic.Adventure.SelfBoot.sfv (2kb)
and a Sonic.Adventure.Selfboot.7z(Incomplete Grab).043 - however there is a 043 on there without that portion of the filename in brackets.

Im really confused and all i wanna do is play it like i used to on my dreamcast (all those years ago)

Help is appreciated ,

Thank YOu

funktilious

Just use winrar to "extract" from the .001 file. People often broke up the very large archives into smaller files along the lines of ".001", ".002",... "xxx". Winrar will correctly recognize the naming convention as long as the files are all grouped together.

The .sfv file is irrelevant if winrar can open the .001 file. It's only important if you can't open the file with winrar in that you can use it to check for archive's integrity.

OP
J

Jayme16UK

im sorry i know this will sound like a dumb question but what do you mean by integrity. ?
and i got 7zip but it should do the same job as winrar right ?

denash

Hey Guys ,
I downloaded what i believe to be a CD IMAGE of a game , (yes do own it)
however im confused by the file names, they look like this

Sonic.Adventure.SelfBoot.7z.001
this is repeated upto about 50 odd and they are all 14MB in size

There is also an Sonic.Adventure.SelfBoot.sfv (2kb)
and a Sonic.Adventure.Selfboot.7z(Incomplete Grab).043 - however there is a 043 on there without that portion of the filename in brackets.

Im really confused and all i wanna do is play it like i used to on my dreamcast (all those years ago)

Help is appreciated ,

Thank YOu

If the files end with the extension .001 .002 etc then you might have to join them into 1 part using a programm called HJsplit you can get it from this website:
http://www.freebyte.com/hjsplit/

OP
J

Jayme16UK

Fanks Guys ,
I now have a .cdi file
i left the archive out that said incomplete grab (which i assume i had to do as it aint complete)

im new to dc emulation , and this is the first game i tried to run using it i have been using gameboy and N64 emulators as well as a SNES (only once though and never again)