What's new

New to the whole dolphin thing

NarutoPhreek

Teh Uber Seckseh Pimp0rz!
i just recently got the dolphin emulator, with a .gcm (or w/e it is) of naruto gekitou ninja taisen 3 from my friend... i want to kno how to fix a problem im having.
i can load the game but it just goes to a black screen! :crazy:
(i heard somewhere on a site that i visited that u have to "shrink" the game with some kind of "dolphin tools" once to twice)... how do i shrink a game and does anybody thing this would solve my problem? if it wouldnt please tell me how!

xneoangel

Persona User
Im don not know much about GC emulation but i do know that its at early stages so even at a high end pc it wont run, maybe that you say could fix your black screen but you would get really low fps ATM you cant play GC at your PC.

OP
N

NarutoPhreek

ok.. that doesnt help me at all...
ANYWAY i got it to work.. (i searched the forums) but i KNOW there is a way to get an fps of at least 30 DURING fights.. Ive seen it on other forums (before i knew of a way to get the game) so i dont know where those sites are anymore that explain how to get the high fps..
does ANYONE know how to do this here?

OP
N

NarutoPhreek

ok... aslo, i heard that there is a way to burn an iso to a mini cd/dvd and play it on ur gamecube
ive also heard that its possible to just somehow put the iso;s on the gamecube itself

are either of these true?

DOGG

NarutoPhreek said:
ok... aslo, i heard that there is a way to burn an iso to a mini cd/dvd and play it on ur gamecube
ive also heard that its possible to just somehow put the iso;s on the gamecube itself

are either of these true?

You can play games on your cube, using your computer as the data server (instead of the gc's dvd drive). But this method requires a specific game and is a bit complicated.

You can also burn the games to mini or normal dvds and play in your cube. But this requires a modchip.

Anyhow this isn't the place to discuss such things. Google will help you.

Jimi haze

I am new to the whole Dolphin thing too. And I'm wondering - if you had a modded Xbox with a big enough hardrive, could you run a GC emulator such as the Dolphin on it and get decent fps? As I know other emulators (N64's Snes's etc etc.) work on the Xbox. Or is it a case of the Dolphin will not run well on anything because it's in an early stage of development?

Clements

The Xbox is never going to be fast enough for GC emulation. It is barely faster than a Gamecube overall, and to emulate a system with a completely different architecture, you generally need a much faster system, normally around 5-10 faster than the target system depending on how optimised the emulator is, how many other co-processors there are and so on. The Xbox is less than 2 times faster than GC.

Jimi haze

Clements said:
The Xbox is never going to be fast enough for GC emulation. It is barely faster than a Gamecube overall, and to emulate a system with a completely different architecture, you generally need a much faster system, normally around 5-10 faster than the target system depending on how optimised the emulator is, how many other co-processors there are and so on. The Xbox is less than 2 times faster than GC.
Oh right thanks, I didn't know that :(