What's new

New Tetris SWF

Martin

Administrator
As you might know, the original Tetris game I put here had only 10 levels. It turns out that someone has made 6 more levels so I have a question: Should I use the version which has pause enabled or the version which has pause disabled?

I'll use the 16 level pause version for now. Please note that the guy who created the 6 extra levels hasn't reached that far so we don't know if it works. Care to be a guniea pig? :)

http://www.emutalk.net/tetris.php?action=play

OP
Martin

Martin

Administrator
DJ Unreal said:
Level 10 still needed 1000 lines to move on. What's the deal?

Yeah, the author fixed this:

"Sorry, now you have 50 Lines on Lvl 10!"

I have replaced the old SWF file. :)

Eagle

aka Alshain
But all the lines dissapear one at a time, there are no doubles, tripples, or Tetris' you cant call the game Tetris if you cant get a Tetris.

OP
Martin

Martin

Administrator
Eagle said:
But all the lines dissapear one at a time, there are no doubles, tripples, or Tetris' you cant call the game Tetris if you cant get a Tetris.

What's the difference? If you tripple, you get more points than a single and double together. So it's still Tetris. It's just the visual effects that aren't like the original Tetris.

Single break = 50 points.
Double break = 50 points (single) + 100 points = 150 points.
Triple break = 50 (single) + 100 (double) + 250 = 400 points.

Eagle

aka Alshain
Martin said:
Eagle said:

What's the difference? If you tripple, you get more points than a single and double together. So it's still Tetris. It's just the visual effects that aren't like the original Tetris.

Single break = 50 points.
Double break = 50 points (single) + 100 points = 150 points.
Triple break = 50 (single) + 100 (double) + 250 = 400 points.

Oh ok, it still gives you the extra points then. Thats cool. But you didnt mention a Tetris (four line break) I was always awesome at getting those.

OP
Martin

Martin

Administrator
Heh, yeah that's because I didn't get that far when checking for whichs scores they gave :)

Eagle

aka Alshain
Now wait a minute, I just beat DJ Unreals top score and it didnt add me to the leader board.

EDIT: Correction I was just below DJ Unreals Top Score, but I still should be second.

OP
Martin

Martin

Administrator
Eagle said:
Now wait a minute, I just beat DJ Unreals top score and it didnt add me to the leader board.

EDIT: Correction I was just below DJ Unreals Top Score, but I still should be second.

Say what? Are you sure you counted the digits right?
(yeah, I can't even get 10% of his score) :p

Eagle

aka Alshain
Martin said:
Eagle said:

Say what? Are you sure you counted the digits right?
(yeah, I can't even get 10% of his score) :p

Yes I'm sure I had them open in two seperate windows and compared the two. I'll have you know I used to spend hours upon hours playing tetris on gameboy. Everybody would bring their GB to school and make sport of trying to beat me and I think I lost a total of 1 time. And I remember the guy that won too, he got lucky. I'm a bonified tetris master. Though it looks like DJ is too. Anyway it has been a looong time since I put down my GB and stopped playing but I'm still fairly good at it.

Eagle

aka Alshain
I wish Id thought of it or I would have taken a Screenshot. Oh well, its not that important, just a game after all :p

OP
Martin

Martin

Administrator
Eagle said:
I wish Id thought of it or I would have taken a Screenshot. Oh well, its not that important, just a game after all :p

Did you get to the part where it asks you to enter your comment, or it skipped that altogether?

Eagle

aka Alshain
Martin said:
Eagle said:

Did you get to the part where it asks you to enter your comment, or it skipped that altogether?

I think it skipped it.