What's new
  • Most issues reported these days stem from users not enabling their emulators to use the required amount of RAM.
    We also tend not to use the search feature but post our issues within the texture pack release page.
    Failure to load a texture pack should not be posted in the release thread unless you have already patched the emulator.

If you don't have the resources to use Large/HD texture packs please do not attempt to do so.
    Users should have a minimum amount of System RAM not less then 4GB's.
    If you have less then 4GB's of RAM do not post about how your emulator crashes,
    RAM is dirt cheap so invest some money into your PC.

I would like to say thanks to squall_leonhart
    for posting this Solution.

New retexture project: Metal Mario 64

Datadayne

Actually I recorded in 640x480; most of my videos that I upload turn out like this, and sometimes better.

Really, are you using image recorder?

Or did you make you video in windows movie maker, if you did, then the video is always 320x240. You have to change it befor saving the whole thing.

I use highpercam and the quality turns out to be really nice and crisp.

OP
CrashDance22

CrashDance22

I ripped that logo ^_^
Really, are you using image recorder?

Or did you make you video in windows movie maker, if you did, then the video is always 320x240. You have to change it befor saving the whole thing.

I use highpercam and the quality turns out to be really nice and crisp.

I use Hypercam 2, and I export my finished videos in 320x240 with Movie Maker. I don't see how uploading a file that's larger than that would help, especially since 320x240 is a perfect fit for YouTube. I think the quality of the video depends on attributes, like MP4 compression. Some have told me that compressing the video to MP4 would give nice results. Unfortunately, I use VirtualDub to encode avi's to mp4, and it doesn't support opening of wmv's.

Datadayne

...And what's wrong with that? This is my first project. My YouTube subs love it!

Saw your video, other than the quality, you really put the video toghether well.

Hey maybe your next project, you can do something more advanced.

DDRPIP

The One and Only
if you're making it just for publicity, you're a loser and an idiot.. you're textures, not in a n00by fan boy's eyes, suck ass. You have no talent other than the overuse of a easy portion of editing software. You shouldn't waste your time trying to impress anyone here, keep your textures on youtube and kick them off of this site, it's a waste of time.

porjay

if you're making it just for publicity, you're a loser and an idiot.. you're textures, not in a n00by fan boy's eyes, suck ass. You have no talent other than the overuse of a easy portion of editing software. You shouldn't waste your time trying to impress anyone here, keep your textures on youtube and kick them off of this site, it's a waste of time.

Like DDRPIP says. The textures are crap and are of no use for this place. I believe your cause of doing this project is what encourages talentless people like Ashlee Simpson.

OP
CrashDance22

CrashDance22

I ripped that logo ^_^
If you guys don't appreciate it then that's fine with me. I enjoyed my results, and so did my YouTube subscribers. I have the right to bring anything I do to emutalk. I don't know what's wrong with you all of a sudden DDRIP, but this is just my first project! So it's repetitive. There's nothing wrong with that! There's no reason for an experienced texture editor to flame a newbie for not doing as well as others. Sheesh...

Iconoclast

...The notion that he's just making it for publication, though indeed arrogant-sounding, is just...so unlikely. Maybe he's out to get some laughs? Plus, talent isn't the only component of retexturing, just one of the biggest ones. And hey, if this site isn't meant for laughs, a) rename it from EmuTalk to EmuSkeptics, and b) tell Allnatural to stop posting strange threads in Talk of the Town (not to say I have a problem with it).

It is a valid retexturing project: It does not degrade game playability. Well, maybe to some people who like get seizures by looking at it...but, I don't believe the forum is titled "Perfect High-Resolution Texture Projects."

Not to act like I moderate this forum or anything (thank God I might add), just offering a different point of view.

DDRPIP

The One and Only
If you guys don't appreciate it then that's fine with me. I enjoyed my results, and so did my YouTube subscribers. I have the right to bring anything I do to emutalk. I don't know what's wrong with you all of a sudden DDRPIP, but this is just my first project! So it's repetitive. There's nothing wrong with that! There's no reason for an experienced texture editor to flame a newbie for not doing as well as others. Sheesh...

Well yes you're right and it was rude of me, I apologize; I didn't voice my opinion the way i needed to; I didn't mean to be an a**hole about everything, I was very stressed about exams and the class riding on me passing, but that's no reason to take it out on you..

I apologize to everyone who had to read that comment.

Datadayne

Well yes you're right and it was rude of me, I apologize; I didn't voice my opinion the way i needed to; I didn't mean to be an a**hole about everything, I was very stressed about exams and the class riding on me passing, but that's no reason to take it out on you..

I apologize to everyone who had to read that comment.

I know what you mean. Im going through the same thing right now.

Iconoclast

[RANT]

Final exams personally I think are in-class assignments, which is what doesn't bother me about them, a relief from things that drain my home time, even though I finish them like five times later than everyone else. Just thinking how they manage to zip through all the questions, even if it's a math test (which I've been like the only one in such classes who isn't completely retarded), while I'm stuck taking one or two hours extra finishing. Of course, those hillbilly horses, laughing at me still working, and it turns out next day I'm the only one who gets an A on the damn test...this city annoys me. It's full of trolls and insane people.

What I really hate is projects you present in front of the class. I always work by myself, and I always suck at presenting without a monotonous voice and the constant shaking and shivering.

[/RANT]

BUT this thread obviously isn't about me...just wanted to join the topic-change chain here.

So anyway, I like the new gameplay apperance; I just don't like his textures as much.