What's new

New monitor :)

sheik124

Emutalk Member
nice monitor, currently looking at it as a choice, but it has one fault, viewsonic is gay and doesn't bundle DVI cables with their monitors, personally i would have chosen a Dell 2001FP or a Samsung 213T, but if you got it for cheaper than those two, tell us what the new monitor is like, cause mine is pissing me off, stupid CRT

OP
Martin

Martin

Administrator
The Dell 2001FP uses the same panel as the Viewsonic, and I like the design of the Viewsonic better, plus it was quite a bit cheaper. I've heard that the Samsung has superior image quality (I know my current 17" Samsung does), but I couldn't justify the extra $350 plus that the panel is only 25ms.

The only thing that worries me is that the screendoor will be annoying, plus dead pixels of course. :)

ScottJC

At your service, dood!
Whats wrong with TFT/LCD? I think that CRT blows now that I have this thing, not only does it save me space on my worktop, but it is clearer than my old CRT... no ghosting on my games or anything. (apparently some TFTs get that)

Only downside I can say is the price, but now that i've bought it I can see it was well worth it.

OP
Martin

Martin

Administrator
Gotta agree with ScottJC here, there's no way I'm going back to CRT. :p

If I worked a lot with photography and needed the colors to be spot on, I'd probably use a CRT, but I don't. When I first hooked up my Samsung through DVI I was stunned, best picture I had ever seen (and that's to date), plus it's a space saver for sure. I large CRT wouldn't fit, I'd have to get a larger bar table (ya, my computer's on a bar table :D)

That's a nice monitor too, ScottJC, but since I was looking for a 1600x1200 display, 20" was the way to go. :)

dukenukem

lord freiza
Nice martin,could you post some screens of what the monitor looks like with dvi,i haven't seen any lcd monitors hooked up with dvi so i would like to see how good the image is:).

revl8er

That Damn Good
Nice monitor, I have a viewsonic perfect flat 19" screen and it weight like 30lbs which makes it a b**ch to move.

-Shadow-

Banned
That Monitor is very nice , Martin , good buy !

I got an 17" TFT , the former Screen was a CRT 17" . The difference is awesome ! The screen is sharp like a knife's edge and the reaction time lies around 13ms , 250 Euros at the local supermarket ! Sadly , it already got one little sub-pixel error :(

OP
Martin

Martin

Administrator
I'll buy you one if I ever win the lottery, Eagle. Which could take some time because I'm not playing. ;)

I just bought one of these (the monitor arm) to accompany my new monitor. :D

http://www.lcdarms.com/LCDarms/7500.asp

I'm going to use my monitor as TV too so i'll mount the arm on the desk so I can stretch it out in front of the sofa ;)

I did *not* pay $325 for it though, that's the manufacturers website.