What's new

New monitor ordered (Dell 24" WS TFT)

OP
Martin

Martin

Administrator
Had too much fun with it yesterday, will see if I got time to take some pics tonight ;)

Xbox through component looks awesome on it! TV looks OK, like expected (got analogue TV so just a crappy antenna cable). Still, great to finally have a TV, my last one broke last summer during the world cup :(.

And for regular computer stuff, what can I say...amazing. 1920x1200 through DVI. :D

Perfect backlight (common with uneven backlight on large tfts) and no dead pixels as far as I can tell (they're so damn small :p), I'll go through it later.

So far, I couldn't be happier with my purchase. And I didn't have to pay import tax, meaning I saved about $600 compared to buying it from Dell Sweden. :)

OP
Martin

Martin

Administrator
Thank you CPU :p

Here's a few more shots.

First one shows the picture I get through the TV tuner, not too good, but I can live with it.

Second shot shows the monitor in "work mode" with the monitor arm swung around the other way. Unfortunately the monitor is too heavy for my monitor arm so I have to put a couple of hard plastic boxes below it to get the right height (else it'll be flat on the table :p), you can see one of them just below the monitor.

JinXD

:drool:

That looks freakin awsome!

EDIT: I'm getting worried now, whats with the electrical tape and large knife beside your bed? :p

EDIT2: Vile it's 24inch

Last edited:

Dysprosium

Graphics Designer
How big is that monitor?

I love the size of it, but I'm not much a fan of it's stand. I prefer it to just be below the monitor. :p

Edit: 24 inches!? That's almost as large as my 27 inch TV!

.... I want one. :i

Last edited:

smegforbrain

*sigh* Only won $200 on my Vegas trip (having spent about $50), so no toy like this for me.

Martin, I envy you.

But, please, can't you atleast get a pointy stick or something to use insteadof your feet? :)