What's new

New LemD3D8 released by Lemmy

KaokanDBZ

Hey! This is an amazing creation! You rock the world, Lemmy.

Saddly, when I export vrml with textures on this plugin, I get everything but the textures. It exports all the .bmp files and names them correctly and everything, but they are all solid black .bmp files, no images. Curses....

Deathbliss

Just tried it - no luck - I nabbed the second Lemmyd3d8 he posted a link to - perhaps I should try the first?
- Deathbliss

OP
Federelli

Federelli

Beta Tester
The original doesn't use pixel shader, but combiners instead i think. (i'm sure it's not pixel shaders though)

ModelingMan

I posted this in Lemmy's thread but I haven't had an answer yet, so I'll ask here since this thread is more popular.

Me said:
Unfortunately your new plugin doesn't work, it crashes the emulation and brings up this message:

Image108.jpg

Any help?

Lemmy

ModelingMan said:
I posted this in Lemmy's thread but I haven't had an answer yet, so I'll ask here since this thread is more popular.

This version requires PixelShaders and D3D 9....which graphic card do you have?

Clements

ModelingMan said:
Sorry for the delayed reply. I have a "GeForce 4 MX 440 128MB" with DirectX 9.0.

There's the problem right there - MX variants are DX7 compliant cards that do not support Pixel Shaders (that the plugin requires). Unfortunately you would have to buy a newer card. If you do want to, the following site has a lot of graphics cards listed and there Pixel/Vertex capabilities:

http://users.erols.com/chare/video.htm

KaokanDBZ

hmmm

Hm, well the thing works for me... it exports the .wrl file, I put it into "Deep Exploration", exported it as a .3ds, and BAM! I've got the 3ds file and a couple hundred .bmp texture files all in the same directory. Sadly, all of .bmp files are completely blank. Solid black. What do you think is causing that?

(I'm running a ATI Radeon 9800 PRO with Direct X 9)