What's new

New Ini for Nemu & New Screenshots

mesman00

What's that...?
Originally posted by ickle_moi
what exactly does the new ini do?

Originally posted by Doomulation
Probably states which games are playable or not. Fixed some bugs in the last one. And perhaps, it made some new ones work.

doubt it made new games work.

pj64er

PJ64 Lubba
ickle_moi said:
what exactly does the new ini do?

Originally posted on Nemu's site
New official Nemu64 INI v3.0.0 FINAL released! This INI revision will be the last one for version 0.7a. The only exception would be a new release of Cowerings GoodN64 with new PD infos.

augias

well, what I don't understand is this:
It doesn't hurt to release a new version now and then, does it?
Even if it has lots of bugs, like the last 1964, it's still better than the old one...
And Nemu will get more popular again.

But I'm not supposed to say that...

jvolel

Destoryer of worlds
augias said:
well, what I don't understand is this:
It doesn't hurt to release a new version now and then, does it?
Even if it has lots of bugs, like the last 1964, it's still better than the old one...
And Nemu will get more popular again.

But I'm not supposed to say that...

Lemmy said:
Banjo works up to a certain point right now. LaC was first creating a lookup table for the copy protection but then he figured out it would be a lot of work to do this for the whole game. so he instead tries to figure out the algorythm that actually works behind those numbers. He is close the perfection but its not 100% yet. The problem basically is that sometimes the protection seems to use a second algorythm which he also figured out already but he does not know, when to use which code.

So I hope its just a matter of time. If not, we'll have to complete that lookup table which is going to take some time and will maybe never be absolutely complete.

Hope that explains it. Bad thing about this is you spend so much work into ONE and only ONE game. Won't help any other games.

Its a similar thing with Rogue Squadron. That game can actually be played in nemu already but there is something important missing: There is no floor. The game uses a heightfield (similar to the old PC game comanche). This heightfield is used in two games: Rogue Squadron and Battle for Naboo. I am working on those games because its interesting for me to find this stuff out. But it won't increase general compatibility a lot. And the quality of these two game is maybe not even that great.

Anyway....I have just limited time for nemu these days err weeks err months...err...nah months should be enough.

cheers

P.S.: I am one of the lucky guys that had a chance to play Zelda and starfox on the gamecube. Really nice games