What's new

New Graphic Card

Johann

Chankast rocks ^^
Tagrineth said:
My old Kyro II kicks its ass and it's crap too. :flowers:

I have a GeForce 2 MX 32Mb and a Kyro II 64Mb. The GeForce 2 kicks Kyro II's ass a hundred times.

Tagrineth

Dragony thingy
Johann said:
I have a GeForce 2 MX 32Mb and a Kyro II 64Mb. The GeForce 2 kicks Kyro II's ass a hundred times.
In what?

Only the most horrifyingly CPU-bound games (Unreal Tournament 2003 comes to mind) are faster on the GeForce2MX.

ScottJC

At your service, dood!
but what if you wanted to play UT2003 with everything at max, bet your TNT can't do that :p

dmac2003

Hardcore Tails fan
Hey it could be worse. Here is my old pc specs:
----------------------------------------------
E-Machine (BAAAAAAD!!!)
Celeron 500 MHz
Windows 98 SE
32 MB ram (later upgraded to 64)
Very bad Video (ATI 4 MB)
Crystal Soundfusion (very bad synth)
and I don't want to go any further
bring back nightmares lol.

ScottJC

At your service, dood!
you know there IS an edit button you know.... theres no need to post 3 posts at once when you could just post one.

anyway, glad you figured out what ut2003 was ;P

nephalim

Psychic Vampire
I am now running (but who knows for how long) a Radeon 9000 (non-pro? what's the difference?) under the hood. Take your best shot at the 128 :)

The worst thing about the MX420/440 isn't it's speed, it's it's compatibility. It does not offer DX8 support, and unlike the Radeon 9000 where they took a higher end card and took out a pipeline, making only a marginal difference at a high price, the MX420 is basically an overclocked Geforce 2. You could do much better for the price range.

Hyper19s

Banned
I cant belileve people still talk s*** about the mx
cards its not nice and these guys should STOP!!

used to be an mx card user gf2mx200

Tagrineth

Dragony thingy
People have always talked shit about the MX, because the entire line IS shit.

It's better than nothing, but otherwise you can't get much worse.

Clements

So shit that I get perfect graphics with all my PC games, N64 games etc. at full speed 4XAA, 2XAF... And you can get worse. People turn up at emutalk with integrated Intel chipsets which are generally poor. People with an MX experience no such problems. They are budget cards for the mainstream, and are not meant for power users such as yourself.

Trotterwatch

Yep, they are perfectly fine for the non power user. When I first got my PC I had a GF2 MX 400, and could do everything that I desired which was:

Play games at 1024x768 (some at 800x600)
with some PC games (older titles) I could enable AA without probs, emulators could run AA fine (most)
Games such as Q3 etc ran at insane speeds at high detail, and generally most PC games ran fine.

Now fast forward a bit, yes the MX line could be a little slow at max settings/hi-res/any level of AA on newer PC titles, but that doesn't automatically make them bad cards. The lack of pixel shaders is a bit of a shame but again it doesn't make them bad cards because of it.

Tagrineth

Dragony thingy
The only time GeForce MX cards weren't shit was when they first appeared, and were actually a viable budget alternative. Now the 2MX's are too slow to be useful (in new games, of course), and the 4MX's are missing too many features to be useful.

And Clements and Trotterwatch: Not all N64 plugins can do everything perfectly on an MX *cough*Jabo's 1.5*cough*.