What's new

New GBA!!!

CpU MasteR

omg h4x
Plisco said:

Paint (optional)
1.With the brick paint to the colour of you choice and leave to dry
2.Place the new GBA on the brick and wrap the selatape round.

What the hell are you getting at?

Remote

Ownage! When this lands in Sweden in a couple of years I'm definetely picking one up... :D

OP
Plisco

Plisco

Sevillian
What the hell are you getting at?

Sorry went a bit overboard soz:crazy: :)
Serious now
I am trying to say that classic designs are just not as socially accepted now as perhaps they once were. I think this new design is trying to enter a market which Nintendo is failing to attract i.e Teens. I think this new design does look a lot cooler and it is the right decision. Can't wait till March :)

OP
Plisco

Plisco

Sevillian
No only difference is that there is a back light and a rechargable battery:plain:

apexad

Plisco said:
No only difference is that there is a back light and a rechargable battery:plain:

front-lit, which is a bit different then back-lit. back-lit could not be turrned of, front-lit can, to save battery time.

speaking of the battery it is recharargable litium ion battery (the same one that is in laptops and cell phones). (this means longer battery time, and no more going to the store at 2:00am to get batteries for the gba, or getting batteries for the gba, period)

All great things.
Now the bad:

as of right now, it has no headphone port. It is an add on.

It does not improve upon the first one except for different design, front-lit, easier storage, and less chance of screen scratches.

Kirby tilt and any other til games = bye bye (it won't work)

It is aimed at adult and older audicences only, as nintendo has no plans to discontinue the non "<b>S</b>pecial <b>P</b>roject" GBA.

blah blah blah, Any day now I am selling my GBA since I wasted probably $300 on something I have played for 2 hrs since I got it. (I am not getting a GBA SP, btw)

anyone want it, GBA Glacier with MKA, sonic advance, gt advance, pac-man collection, fire pro wrestling, ac adapter (official), worm light, game shark.
name your price!

Last edited:
OP
Plisco

Plisco

Sevillian
front-lit, which is a bit different then back-lit. back-lit could not be turrned of, front-lit can, to save battery time.
ooops soz I did no it could be turned of though:)

BTM

Polish Emu Scene Member
One question , any1 know's from a good source : will it work with FLASH2ADVANCE and other models of flashing tools ??

Cyberman

apexad said:

speaking of the battery it is recharargable litium ion battery (the same one that is in laptops and cell phones). (this means longer battery time, and no more going to the store at 2:00am to get batteries for the gba, or getting batteries for the gba, period)

All great things.

Ummm I have to correct you on the back light thing, sorry but a back light can be turned off just as easily as a front light, it's just more complicated to manufacture (AKA costs more). Using white LED's and optical pipes which are widely and cheaply available, it makes no sense not to backlight it.

The only thing I can think of that they went with a frontal illumination system is that the screen will look the same weather the light is on or not. But I repeat it has diddly to do with weather they can put a backlight in or not. :)

Cyb

Josep

eyerun4phun
i really didn't everyone's message, but this new gba just looks cool and will be cool with the whole backlit screen, thats about it, nothing that special;)

Tagrineth

Dragony thingy
Meh, apparently it's the same feel as GBC and that thing cramps my fingers.

I won't be buying one...

I will use my money to have an Afterburner installed instead ;)

slashkirby

hmmmmm.....

looks to me.....its for people who are use to the old classic gameboys like GBC GBP and GB......i think its a little screwed....i mean.....its just a new model...so i'll wait untill the new game boy comes out like in a year or so.....:plain: