What's new

Netplay Problems?

Samus Aran

Me and my friend were going to play Mario kart 64, so he gives me his version of Mario kart 64 and we delete our Save files. Then i go get on on of the Networks and make a room.

He trys to join in but then it says "that rom is not avaible on your system" or somthing like that.

We then turn around an play Clayfigher 63 1/3 with out any problems. well the fps was not to good but workable.

Any way this has happend with a few game so far.

Has this happend to anyone else? and is there any thing i can do to make it work?

LaC

Samus Aran said:
Me and my friend were going to play Mario kart 64, so he gives me his version of Mario kart 64 and we delete our Save files. Then i go get on on of the Networks and make a room.

He trys to join in but then it says "that rom is not avaible on your system" or somthing like that.

We then turn around an play Clayfigher 63 1/3 with out any problems. well the fps was not to good but workable.

Has this happend to anyone else? and is there any thing i can do to make it work?

One of you didn't have the same directory in the nemu explorer as the rom was stored in before starting kaillera netplay. Or he copied the rom to that directory but didn't refresh the nemu explorer.
We should of done it based on crc. oops.

Gent

The Soul Reaving Gentleman
Administrator
Any thoughts on when we do manage to get a game going why the controller keeps wanting to be both players for the game Creator ?

Im having to use the Keyboard as my wingman is no good for this emu using wise

Udde

I have problems too. When I play Mario Kart with kalliera I can control my kart perfectly but I control the other player direction too :geek:, The other remote player only controls the gas, brakes, shot, etc... but not the direction. I have tried it more than ten times and the result is the same. Does anybody know why is it happening?

Thanks!

Teamz

J'aime tes seins
hey Lac i see that u live in montreal :) is it for the job or are u living there permanently ?

btw do you speak french?

jvolel

Destoryer of worlds
The Gentleman said:
Any thoughts on when we do manage to get a game going why the controller keeps wanting to be both players for the game Creator ?

Im having to use the Keyboard as my wingman is no good for this emu using wise

yeah that happens alot, I think it only doesn't happen if both sides have a joystick.

Gorxon

Administrator
Samus Aran said:

I got the EXACT same problem after updating the Kaillera client from 0.8 (the one which came with Nemu) to 0.9. Then i could only host games with mario kart, not join them. For some reason its mario kart specific and has, afaik, nothing to do with the dir (It's on the right dir on my computer, I changed nothing except for the client dll and it stopped working...). So, ask him if he's using 0.9, if not the bug goes deeper than that and I will possilby get the same problem if I downgrade...what would cause it then I don't know.

LaC

Teamz said:
hey Lac i see that u live in montreal :) is it for the job or are u living there permanently ?

btw do you speak french?

No i dont speak french. Yes its for a job, i'm american.

The problem with the controller i've noticed too. And i think its because you must only have controller 1 plugged in the controller options. Another problem i noticed is that sometimes the controller options arent saved unless you restart nemu after setting them.

Gorxon

Administrator
Well, I have another problem too...when playing, even if the game is running at a smooth 60 fps/VI, the analog stick still lags...almost by a whole second. I have no idea why, no matter the lag the game has the directional controller is way worse. The A, B, Z and other respond with no delay at all, it's only the analog stick which is the problem....any clue on what could cause my problem?

-edit-
Oh, and Lac, will you consider to release a bugfix? I mean, the 0.8 release is almost perfect, and it would be a real shame if some bugs "ruined" much of it. Great work btw, I really love the release and greetings from NemuZONE :satisfied

Yoshi

sympathetic dinosaur
Gorxon said:
Well, I have another problem too...when playing, even if the game is running at a smooth 60 fps/VI, the analog stick still lags...almost by a whole second. I have no idea why, no matter the lag the game has the directional controller is way worse. The A, B, Z and other respond with no delay at all, it's only the analog stick which is the problem....any clue on what could cause my problem?

Yeah I have this problem in on-line games with mariokart... u have to hold down a direction for 2-3 secs then it steers.
The other non-analog buttons (a,b c,z )works immediatly
And there's a nasty desync problem, when a player go outside of the track( ex: in the grass) it get desynched: on your screen he seems to be stuck but on his screen is racing fine