What's new

netplay mariokart?

muah

When I play Mario Kart with kalliera I can control my kart perfectly but I control the other player direction too , The other remote player only controls the gas, brakes, shot, etc... but not the direction. I have tried it more than ten times and the result is the same. Does anybody know why is it happening?

LaC

muah said:
When I play Mario Kart with kalliera I can control my kart perfectly but I control the other player direction too , The other remote player only controls the gas, brakes, shot, etc... but not the direction. I have tried it more than ten times and the result is the same. Does anybody know why is it happening?

I am not sure what causes this problem... It might be because in the input plugin settings, more than one controller is checked as "plugged in". But I have had this happen to myself, and was unable to correct it.
Anyone else have this problem? solutions? :)

Re: Re: netplay mariokart?

LaC said:
I am not sure what causes this problem... It might be because in the input plugin settings, more than one controller is checked as "plugged in". But I have had this happen to myself, and was unable to correct it.
Anyone else have this problem? solutions? :)

guess who is asking for help on his OWN emulator :)
.. j/k..

hey the only fix is to play with a joypad.. but anyway playin with a keyboard is a pain cuz it lag like 1 sec or so when steering left..

bluegoat00

The same thing happens to me in Mariokart and in Super Smash Bros. Is there any games that do not require a joystick or are all the games like this.

Kahenraz

I spent quite a few hours trying to get it to work with my friend. The main problem is the bug, but also there is a problem when using a controller! I tried using 3 of my own different controllers (broke out the good 'ol 1992 Gravis PC GamePad) and they all had the same problem. The same goes for my friend bringing the controller count to 4. The bug is in SSB (Havent tried in other games yet) where the axis are messed in such a way that in the 2nd select screen and in-game the x-axis is stuck in one direction, making gameplay impossible.

Oh, and there is a HUGE memory leak in Nemu!
Be-ho-eld:

nemu_leak.gif

I am convinced that Nemu is going to be the ultimate emu (sorry 1964 but they beat your netplay feature to the punch), but you're almost there!! Please don't give up now!

Btw, BIG THANK YOU to the Nemu dude/team for implimenting the geometry dump! I'm a freelance 3d artist and always love to see other people's work and optimizations 1st hand. Much of the techniques are cleverly hidden behind well painted textures. Now I can see the pure models. :>

LaC

I believe the problem is when both people are not using a joystick (no idea why yet). but when one guy (or both) use a keyboard, it doesnt work. We only test it when adaptoids (i think).
I will try to look into it for a possible future 0.81 release.
I am working on 64dd support right now, so a 0.81 release is entirely possible.

Oh and thats not a memory leak, thats a bug in nemu that it wont close sometimes... just end the task ;)

Kahenraz said:
I spent quite a few hours trying to get it to work with my friend. The main problem is the bug, but also there is a problem when using a controller! I tried using 3 of my own different controllers (broke out the good 'ol 1992 Gravis PC GamePad) and they all had the same problem. The same goes for my friend bringing the controller count to 4. The bug is in SSB (Havent tried in other games yet) where the axis are messed in such a way that in the 2nd select screen and in-game the x-axis is stuck in one direction, making gameplay impossible.

Oh, and there is a HUGE memory leak in Nemu!
Be-ho-eld:

nemu_leak.gif

I am convinced that Nemu is going to be the ultimate emu (sorry 1964 but they beat your netplay feature to the punch), but you're almost there!! Please don't give up now!

Btw, BIG THANK YOU to the Nemu dude/team for implimenting the geometry dump! I'm a freelance 3d artist and always love to see other people's work and optimizations 1st hand. Much of the techniques are cleverly hidden behind well painted textures. Now I can see the pure models. :>

Kahenraz

Thanks a bunch. Now I can look forward to an update!

Anyways, when I sent memory leak I meant the excessive overuse of my virtual memory. No other emu I've used kills my VM like this one does. It's even worse while a rom is loaded and gets worse over time.