What's new

Nemu on XP

TrueZxC

Just like the other people have said, running the emulator on XP works fine on my machine, well apart from the sound being a bit cracly but i don't know why i have the most resent ini files and drivers.

20BG UDMA66 5400 RPMs
ATI Radeon 8500 64MB AGP 4x
Creative Labs Live 5.1

Darkesthour

here is a run down for you people...
Windows 2000 = Windows XP(but xp is more oriented towards home users)...

now XP + Voodoo 1/2/3... + nemu = not good, voodoo isnt all that good with DirectX...

that should solve alot of questions...

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
_gpf_ said:
Are there any emulators outside of Ultra/SupraHLE that any voodoo chipset handles well?
Yes. There is a glide-plugin. For Pj64.
But since Nemu doesn't support zilmar's specs, I'm afraid it won't work :(
So...the answer is basiclly no. Voodoo-cards aren't good at all. I suggest u get urself another card like GeForce or something.

hotshitu

Banned
Doomulation said:

the answer is basiclly no. Voodoo-cards aren't good at all. I suggest u get urself another card like GeForce or something.

Another Emulator that works mighty fine with Voodoo cards and Win98 is Corn, IIRC.
And don't go dissing Voodoo, clueless.
Diss ATI Rage Pro instead.

CpU MasteR

omg h4x
Darkesthour said:
here is a run down for you people...
Windows 2000 = Windows XP(but xp is more oriented towards home users)...

XP is not just for Home users, Pro is for people for people that use Networks, Most users here have XP pro. XP also contains Windows NT Workstation and Enhanced with like you said, Windows 2000. I think that WinXP Pro has a better kernel system than XP home. There is a Diffrence.

Darkesthour

there is only a 2% difference between Pro and Home edition, Pro contains Remote Dekstop connection stuff.
that is pretty much the ONLY difference. there might be a few other minor ones, but i dont think there is that many.

BuccKevin

v3

NoStupidName. Yes Nemu works on xp with voodoo 3. The reason why you're getting that message is because you're trying to run the program on 32bit but it's a 16/24bit card. Just go to display properties and change it to 16 bit color.