What's new

Need some help.

Sacred Beast

The Beast is here....
Greets, people. I'm a noob here, so don't go hard on me if I say something wrong, OK? So, here's the question. I got the latest version of chancast (Alpha 0.25) and it's supposed to work with Windows 2000. I got BIOS, my ASPI drivers are ASPI32.SYS -- 4.71.2, WOWPOST.EXE -- 4.6, WINASPI.DLL -- 4.6, WNASPI32.DLL -- 4.71.2, and everything seems working to me (well, I can launch an emulator, it even checks disks when I change ISO's in my Daemon tools), but when I press "play" (controller option) it says "please insert a game disk"......... I've no clues....... Please, help. I'm not really experienced in this stuff, so keep it simple *cough*very simple cough*, please? Step-by-step explanation will be nice.

Sorry for boring, waitin' for an answer. Thanx beforehand.

rcgamer

the old guy
first thing you should make sure you have the plugin set to aspi.

BTW. wich part of this didnt you understand? dont mean to be rude but it is pretty much spelled out.

Q: I can't make Chankast work under Windows 2K, why?
A: Make sure that you have the latest ASPI drivers installed and selected the ASPI CD-ROM interface from the plugin configuration.
IMPORTANT NOTES: You may have to install ASPI drivers v4.71 from HERE and after that install v4.60 from HERE in order to make it work.
You must not have custom IDE drivers installed when installing the ASPI drivers (use the IDE drivers that come with windows). If you have, the emulator will crash. To unistall any custom IDE drivers do the following:
Go into the windows device manager and then to the ATA/ATAPI controllers section. Then select the IDE controller and then the drivers tab and click update drivers. Then select choose driver from list and then check show all hardware. Finally install the 'Standard Dual channel PCI IDE controller' and reboot. After that, install the ASPI drivers.

Last edited:

BalleBal

What it comes down to, it may be that your backups are not self bootable.
Chanka in current state does not support backups with no self boot.
Maybe in future releases but not quite yet.

Hope this answers your question.

L8

EMUUSER

my machine:
celeron 1.7G
256Mb ram
all in one mainbaord with s3 prosavage ddr
o/s: window 2000 pro

i cant play any game whatever are download or i make it self-boot, dt nor alcohol 120%
but now i can play since chankast 2.5 was released
i havnt use 3d anaylse to emu the t&l function(s3 prosavage ddr is not support t&l)
i think you should use self-boot cdi, try to download or make it self-boot by yourself
btw, i use alcohol 120% to mount cdi, i never test dt in chankast 2.5

OP
Sacred Beast

Sacred Beast

The Beast is here....
Hmm....... Thanx, one more thing: the selfboot.rar isn't downloading from http://www.dcemu.co.uk/selfboot.rar. Can someone tell me another url (I got some version on some freakin' language (not english) and well, ther is just no any lines like:
SET MAINDIR= <--- Directory of where the batch files, etc are kept
SET WRITER= <--- scanbus ID of your CD-Writer
SET READERSCSI= <--- scanbus ID of your CD-Reader
SET READER= <--- Driver letter of your CD-Reader
SET GAMENAME= <--- Name of the CD"
, when I open it in notepad.

OP
Sacred Beast

Sacred Beast

The Beast is here....
OK,OK, I found it.

BUT: I created disk as described in the FAQ. The Selfboot_2 told me about some mistakes during that, but disk WAS created. All right, I start Chancast and it sees the disk, later dreamcast logo is loading, all right, and..... I'm back to the calendar selection screen. After two inputs, I've been thrown back on the title screen....... Damn............. WTF???!!!

rcgamer

the old guy
if you mean that it is asking for you to input date and time after a game is booting then you need to replace your bios.

also what were the errors?

and you might try a fastboot program before actually buring to make sure the image is good. save you some disks. if you do use fastboot then you will need daemon tools 3.29version to use the images it creates(because you will get io errors with any other virtual software).

OP
Sacred Beast

Sacred Beast

The Beast is here....
K', I did it with another game and I replaced my BIOS. Result: no calendar this time (no menu at all), spiral in Dreamcast logo became blue (it was red), SEGA logo appeared and after that......... Black scren........... Turn off and close your ears, I'm going to cry..........

Actually, maybe ther is something wrong with my plugins?..... There is a "CDROM interface aspi" as CDROM plugin and "Input interface ELSEMI" as input plugin.......