What's new

Need some advice

bigcatchris

my computer no longer works, the motherboard fried, and i was looking at buying a new one, but have no idea which is good for n64 gaming, any help would be appreciated greatly.

vampireuk

Mr. Super Clever
The motherboard is not going to make any difference to your use of emulators. What are your system specs?

nephalim

Psychic Vampire
Any computer you buy today will be more than sufficient for N64 emulation, the only thing you need to look out for is to make sure you get a good ATi or NVidia graphics card (Radeon 9x00 or Geforce 4+ (no MX) is what you are looking for. Absolutely no Intel or Savage.)

nephalim said:
Any computer you buy today will be more than sufficient for N64 emulation, the only thing you need to look out for is to make sure you get a good ATi or NVidia graphics card (Radeon 9x00 or Geforce 4+ (no MX) is what you are looking for. Absolutely no Intel or Savage.)
nephalim, you don't need a Radeon 9x00 card for N64 emu's, you need something better than a DirectX 6 card for Jabo's plugin, a grate example is that my AIW 7500 does the job just fine, and it's just a DirectX 7 card!
And what really help's speed up N64 EUM's is a good and fast CPU, I almost get full speed thru-out Perfect Dark with my P4 1.7GHz.