What's new

Need help with Yoshi's Story glitchiness!

Tobi2x4

Alright, first off, I would like to apologize if I break any of the forum rules. I am new here, and it's late, so my reading skills are not as efficient as I would like them to be.

Anyhow, I got a Yoshi's Story ROM, and I was frustrated with the glitchy left side, so I consulted the internet. I found that I should put in Glide64. I did that, and all is fine. Except one thing. The speed has gone down from 60FPS (which is standard, I'm pretty sure) to about 19-20FPS. It's incredibly aggravating, and the music (which I adored as a child) is all distorted. Does anyone know how to help?

Agozer

16-bit Corpse | Moderator
Glide64 shows the game's internal FPS, which is 19-20 frames per second when using an NTSC ROM. The game still runs at 60V/Is, which is, again, the correct value for NTSC games. Now, if the game really feels too slow, and even the V/I's at the bottom right of Project64's status bar show 19-20, then we have a problem.

OP
T

Tobi2x4

Glide64 shows the game's internal FPS, which is 19-20 frames per second when using an NTSC ROM. The game still runs at 60V/Is, which is, again, the correct value for NTSC games. Now, if the game really feels too slow, and even the V/I's at the bottom right of Project64's status bar show 19-20, then we have a problem.

It's averaging around 21.70 FPS in the bottom right hand corner. So... That's bad, right? (Sorry, I'm new with this sorta thing ^^; )

Allnatural

Yoshi's Story should be running at 60fps in-game, so there is a problem (no idea what it is though).

OP
T

Tobi2x4

That's what it runs with P64's default graphics plugin, but the left side is all glitchy when Yoshi runs.

azraelfotzbart

first, post your system specs.

then check "vertical interrupts per second", this should be at 60 (ntsc) or 50(pal) /s, nonetheless what previous posters have written.

OP
T

Tobi2x4

To everyone on this, I actually figured it out, haha. All I did was switch the emulated height and width from "Default" to 320x240