What's new

Need help with sprint cheat for OOT [V1.2] [U]

nonlinear

I've been trying to use the speed/run/sprint cheat for OOT. I rarely use cheats, and am unfamiliar with the GS stuff (apparently these are GS codes?). The rom came with a bunch of cheats already built in, and i've used those sucessfully by just checking the box in the cheat window. However, the sprint cheat wasn't in that list and I added it myself.

I have found a few different codes (for the right rom, v1.2 U) but none of them seem to work. Do I have to push the GS button or something to get it to work (that would be weird cause i don't need to for any of the built-in cheats)?

Also, a lot say to press D-down. I assumt this is down on the D-pad. Do i push it before I want to run, or as I am ronning? Do I need to hold it down? Also, some of the codes say to hold the R button, which is fawked since that activates the shield and link stops running.

Can anyone help out here? I can't stand link's speed when he is off the horse!

Here is one of the codes I have tried: D01C8B65 0010 801DB908 0042

Thanks!

EDIT: Mods, just realized there is a cheat section, can you move this thread there? thanks

Last edited:

Samurai Snack

PJ64 Cheat Master
If you got this code from ZSO or Z64 Station, it won't work. None of the 1.2 or 1.1 codes that were "ported" from 1.0 work. The porter on Z64 doesn't work so you gotta port it yourself or find someone who can.

Btw: This belongs in the Cheats PJ64 forum.

OP
N

nonlinear

If you got this code from ZSO or Z64 Station, it won't work. None of the 1.2 or 1.1 codes that were "ported" from 1.0 work. The porter on Z64 doesn't work so you gotta port it yourself or find someone who can.

OK, thanks. If anyone can help me with this, please PM me ;)

Btw: This belongs in the Cheats PJ64 forum.

Yea, I saw that right after I posted (see the edit here). Sorry, new to this forum

Last edited: