What's new

Need help with Shadows of the Empire.

Nobody_87

for a time i've been playing star wars shadows of the empire v1.1, i've upgraded my pj64 emulator, but it doesn't seem to work, my problem is that the video has a lot of flickering, an.. oh well, you know, i can't play it with full joy, so, can someone tell me how can i fix this?, o what is the problem?

also, i've tried adding some cheats to the same game, but they don't work at all, maybe is the code or something, so please, can someone also tell me of a page that contains full working GS codes?

please!!

Jesterhead

The flickering problem is´nt fixable with standard pj64 plugins (read the Gamefaq included in PJ64), don´t know if other emu´s/plugins handle SOTE better

Windman

Me it's very good with Project64 1.6 and Jabo's plugins 1.6 (sound, graphic, input).
And this graphic configuration :
- Advanced :
* Use Direct3D transformation pipeline
* Force Z compare
- Rom Setting :
* Only per frame

(I tried only the first and the second mission !!!)

Last edited:

Smiff

Emutalk Member
gah... i keep getting misunderstood :p
yes that was shorthand for "in what way does this control improve the look of this game?" ok i'll write that out in future, itll be quicker :p

see, it's important that we know what controls help. this is how things get fixed.
i'm not sure that control does help this game, i can't see the improvement, there is some texture flicker with and without Force Z.

Last edited:

Windman

(sorry, I can't understand all your message because I don't speek well English :( , but I have understand that you said that "Force Z compare" changes normaly controls ?!)

As a result, plugin has problem whith this option !!!

If I set all the configuration how I said in previous message : the game ran very good.
But when I try whithout "Force Z compare", the spaceship flicker and other textures too (for example in the first mission).

I already tried with other games, and it gave sometimes other graphics effects !!!
For instance with Rayman 2 - The Great Escape : some texture became always over all the other !!!

I give only the result of all my tests.

Smiff

Emutalk Member
Windman
sorry i didn't know about you your language.
what is your graphics card please?

Windman

Sorry for my language :yucky: ...(Did you have understand a little my previous message :bye3: ???)

My card : Nvidia Geforce PCX 5300

Windman

Trying of translation (I speek very bad English :blush: :paperbag: )

Star Wars with this graphic configuration :
- Advanced :
* Force Z compare
- Rom Setting :
* Only per frame

-> very good.

Star Wars with this graphic configuration :
- Advanced :
- Rom Setting :
* Only per frame

-> Bad. But when I try whithout "Force Z compare", the spaceship in the first mission flickers and other textures too.

Rayman 2 - The Great Escape with default configuration
-> very good

Rayman 2 - The Great Escape with "Force Z compare"
-> Some texture are always over all the other

Last edited:

Smiff

Emutalk Member
that's good information, i understand, thanks.
it may take a while to work out what the problem is though :/

what happens if you *do not* use "Use Direct3D transformation pipeline"?

Windman

Smiff said:
what happens if you *do not* use "Use Direct3D transformation pipeline"?

It flickers with first mission (but not menu).
I see no change between "with Force Z compare" and "without Force Z compare"
(I don't know if "I can't see a change because of number of flickerings" other if "There is no change").